Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: How Much Would You Pay For Pixel Boat Rush?
I'll pay 3.99$ or more! 1 2.27%
I'll pay 2.99$! 7 15.91%
I'll pay 1.99$! 12 27.27%
I'll pay 0.99$! 7 15.91%
I'd like to play it as a Freemium game 13 29.55%
I'm not sure yet if I'll buy it, I'll see. 0 0%
Won't Buy: the game should deliver more 0 0%
Won't Buy: not my type of game 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 10-08-2014, 12:47 AM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimentalZ View Post
Only a few hours left before the game starts rolling on various App Stores.

That's exciting but also nerve-racking, considered that this looks like a big iOS week.

Any last words before this thread gets locked? Just in case, mine will be: absquatulate.
Ok, what is the release price? Just curious, I'm buying no matter..
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 AM
XperimentalZ's Avatar
XperimentalZ XperimentalZ is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Ok, what is the release price? Just curious, I'm buying no matter..
It will be 1.99$, curiously quite spot on the average (premium) price that people voted for in the poll. Perhaps not that curious actually, the poll made me drop the price from a planned 2.99$ to 1.99$. It's probably for the best though, a good compromise between real value (for me) and a broader reach.

Apart from getting useful feedback from people in the poll, freemium was never a realistic option, as it would have required a lot more preparation before release.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 10-08-2014, 02:22 AM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimentalZ View Post
It will be 1.99$, curiously quite spot on the average (premium) price that people voted for in the poll. Perhaps not that curious actually, the poll made me drop the price from a planned 2.99$ to 1.99$. It's probably for the best though, a good compromise between real value (for me) and a broader reach.

Apart from getting useful feedback from people in the poll, freemium was never a realistic option, as it would have required a lot more preparation before release.
I'm VERY glad it won't be free! Sale here any iap..for dev support etc? I did so in PU, and will here too, if able.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 10-08-2014, 03:02 AM
XperimentalZ's Avatar
XperimentalZ XperimentalZ is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I'm VERY glad it won't be free! Sale here any iap..for dev support etc? I did so in PU, and will here too, if able.
Yeah there's IAP but they are totally optional. All calibration was done without IAP in mind, for a premium experience. The progression asks for choices to be made by the player as he progresses. IAP can be used to backtrack and try different boats, for the heck of it, without having to grind.

Unfortunaly Platforms Unlimited's pay-what-you-want support model was a bit of a failure. There's almost nobody willing to spend on this kind of IAP (it was worth the try though).

If the game would have been freemium, the progression would surely have been altered and include 'doubler' IAPs. This means that it would probably have cost 4-6$ to create the same gameplay experience.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 10-08-2014, 02:23 PM
XperimentalZ's Avatar
XperimentalZ XperimentalZ is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 813
Default

The game is finally coming, yayyyy! It should be available everywhere in a few hours.

Looks like the (released) TA thread is already up, HERE
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent