Does anyone remember?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bigrand1, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Does anyone remember Jungle Hunt by Taito?

2. SuperFunApps

SuperFunApps Well-Known Member

i had to google it, but that game was one of my favorites on the Atari!

3. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been playing the Atari 2600 version of Jungle Hunt since I was two years old!

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #4 bigrand1, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Back in the day when that was made, it wasn't long before there was a lawsuit against Taito-had something to do with Tarzan issues, and I can't remember if , in the beginning, the Tarzan hunter had a helmet on or if he had hair flying in the wind, but it went from one way to the other. They were able to keep the Tarzan yell at the beginning, but had to change the name to Jungle King after that. I remember shoving a crap-load of quarters into the stand-up version, then later, Pac-Man was getting old, so they converted a lot of the machines into the cocktail tables that game was using for so long. Later, still, when I had my first house, I bought the stand-up for my game room which had a bunch of killer games in there for their time. Anyways, years later still, I found it on the xbox and I was so happy! No quarters to put in, no parts to replace! A nice indestructable cd game that I played 'til I got rid of my xbox. Now, years later once again (God, I'M OLD!) I have this bitchen little hand-held device we all know about, and once again I'm jonesing for my beloved old game from the past! So many games, old and new, and is it asking too much to have Taito port this to the app store? I'd be so glad. Then I can die, with a smile on my face and my gaming life would be complete!!! Do you this could be possible? Taito, can you hear me?