★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
This'll be an instabuy for me as well. I already played it on the Mac but it's been long enough to play it again...
11-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I've not spent long enough with this yet for detailed impressions, but after a half hour or so I must say in every respect this feels like a great game. A great game period; not just a great game for the iOS.

Don't know yet how it will develop and whether or not it will yet build on its potential, but the basic components are sheer quality and give every indication at this stage of amounting to more than the sum of their parts.

11-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
When I get an iPad 2 for christmas, this will be an instabuy for me! I love exploration games!

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Getting this tomorrow morning. Almost forgot it was coming first week of november. Not a bad week: Greed Corp, Aquaria...

Now playing: Tokaido, Jaipur, Race for the Galaxy, Potion Explosion, Lanterns, Splendor, Onirim
Waiting for: Star Realms fix for Steam purchases!
11-02-2011, 02:32 PM
It's starting to look like this is the only game I will be buying tonight. I played the pc demo to get a feel for the game and something about it reminds me of a metroidvania type game, which I love.

Also when I was quiting out of the pc demo, it asked if I wanted to purchase the full version for $30. So if the ipad version is the same as the pc full version then we're really getting a great deal.
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I've not spent long enough with this yet for detailed impressions, but after a half hour or so I must say in every respect this feels like a great game. A great game period; not just a great game for the iOS.

Don't know yet how it will develop and whether or not it will yet build on its potential, but the basic components are sheer quality and give every indication at this stage of amounting to more than the sum of their parts.
all I care is if the controls are excellent.

Trust me, the content IS (if the kept the original content`*). IMHO its among the most moving plots you can find in games these days.

*PS: the PC original is 225MB in size. so this should have full content with 311MB on the iPad.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

Last edited by dyscode; 11-02-2011 at 02:59 PM.
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
The demo sucks up all my cpu resources! So I have yet to try out this game... but it does looks rather good so I shall be getting it anyway.
11-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I've got the PC version... and really, if I ever do get an iPad, this game will be a BIG reason why...

:;:2016 GOTY:;: Imbroglio
:;:2017 GOTY (So far...):;: Danmaku Unlimited 3
11-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Anybody know how much space this sucker takes up once installed? I just managed to clear 300 MB and perhaps I need to give some more apps the axe.

Or maybe I shoud just play the games I have.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

Fantastic news!