★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Really want to see a video of the online gameplay with narration explaining what's happening and why they're playing the cards they are etc. - the game and premise intrigues me but I like my board games to be fast, interactive and I prefer a more fantastical theme if I'm honest. Just want to get a better idea of how it plays before taking the dive. Can anyone recommend a decent YouTube vid or similar to watch?
06-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a surprise!

I am a player of the Mac version and I think a single player campaign can last for 3 - 4 hours, as long as you survive the Cold War -- the game ends when either side goes DEFCON 1 or reaches 20 points lead.

As for the AI, I am a newbie but the masters over BGG says it is just easy-for-medium to them. But as a newbie, I won my first game after my neck handed to me 7 times in a row...

I am a backer of the mobile version of the Kickstarter campaign but I get zero notification about this coming. Either way, I am buying now...

Edit: expect a review from Curry & Mutton soon!

Thanks! Looking forward to the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS77 View Post
Really want to see a video of the online gameplay with narration explaining what's happening and why they're playing the cards they are etc. - the game and premise intrigues me but I like my board games to be fast, interactive and I prefer a more fantastical theme if I'm honest. Just want to get a better idea of how it plays before taking the dive. Can anyone recommend a decent YouTube vid or similar to watch?
I think this is what you are looking for:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Peripatetic; 06-24-2016 at 04:00 PM.
06-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
I think this is what you are looking for:

YouTube: video
Thanks for that - I was hoping for a talk through of the digital version whilst it was played but this was still very useful.
06-24-2016, 04:40 PM
According to the Kickstarter this is supposed to come to the iPhone as well so we will see.
06-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS77 View Post
Thanks for that - I was hoping for a talk through of the digital version whilst it was played but this was still very useful.
Something like this?

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-24-2016, 05:19 PM
This game seems great but I have not find any save option.
If I switch to another app or put the iPad on hold the game reloads : not enough memory on an iPad pro?

I hope an update will adress this very soon, then I will be happy to give 5 stars to it.

Edit : oops, my fault : saving is automatic, accessible from the create game menu. 5 stars as promised

Last edited by Cyl; 06-24-2016 at 06:12 PM.
06-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
Something like this?

Youtube link | Pop Up
Sir, you are too kind......and by far a better 'Googler' than I! Thanks again, that's really helpful. 😀
06-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Never played this game. Really enjoying the tutorial! But that's as far as I've gotten in the last couple hours. You see if you have anything happen while playing and the iPad screen goes dark the progress isn't saved. Yay!

I gotta say tho that the tutorial has been excellent and one of the best I've seen. I see how this game was so highly anticipated.
06-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Bought it but needs iPhone support ASAP. You know when they release it on android it will work on both. Not sure why developers don't show iPhone same love. Apple needs to fix this and have separate hardware IDs for iPhone plus. I get developers can't turn on universal flag as somebody with a tiny iPhone 5 screen will install it but that size screen is starting to go down in numbers now.