★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Slitherine
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 208.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.7
  • Price: $9.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm...

But can you manage the deck of the Nimitz-class nuclear-powered supercarrier, the USS Ronald Regan (CVN-76)?

Carrier Deck is a fast paced time management game where you will play as the Air Officer on board a CVN-76 in the midst of active war. You, alone, are responsible for all aspects of operations involving aircraft on the ship and you'll need to work fast to ensure everything happens in time for the highest chances of warfare success.

Load the right planes and helicopters up and ready them for the required military missions. Manage both launching and landing the planes, avoiding crashes that could spread throughout the deck wrecking multiple planes and damaging the ship.

In Carrier Deck, you'll manage a staggering array of aircraft including the F18 Hornet and Super Hornet, Chinook and S3 Viking, through a campaign that covers the oceans all over the globe. Test your skills in a full spectrum of operations across the globe in extensive campaign mode, or just try the Skirmish mode for a quick challenge.

- Full management of the flight deck including, moving, fueling and arming of aircraft
- Aircraft maintenance and management of the hangar deck
- Selecting and Launching of search missions to detect enemy air, surface and submarine threats
- Tasking and launching of intercept missions
- Special Forces deployment and Amphibious operations
- Ground strikes and close air support missions
- Receiving and dispatching cargo missions
- Full range of aircraft and helicopters onboard from fighters to early warning and detection aircraft.
06-17-2017, 10:54 PM
Played beta on this, very good game xD

06-18-2017, 02:38 AM
Looks very interesting. I'm trying to decide between this and Carrier Battles. Still researching both.
Here's a good video for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niiQKB4lCWY

Edited to add: Carrier Battles is a strategic wargame while this one is a management game. I can enjoy both camps. It's a matter of apples and oranges.

Last edited by shfrost; 06-18-2017 at 04:01 AM.
06-18-2017, 03:52 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
This may be a good title but I will never spend any money to Slitherine again: Battle Academy 1 and 2, Pike & Shot, Commander - The great war, Qvadriga and some more games ... I paid around 300,- Euros and with iOS 11 everything will be lost ... they have no plans to update their Apps to 64 Bit ... their simple answer: "Just do not update to iOS 11" ...

Sorry, but as long as they are not willing to support their "Premium Games" I am not willing to give them my money ...

So think twice before "supporting Premium Software" ...

iPad Pro 2 | iPad Pro 10,5 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
06-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
This may be a good title but I will never spend any money to Slitherine again: Battle Academy 1 and 2, Pike & Shot, Commander - The great war, Qvadriga and some more games ... I paid around 300,- Euros and with iOS 11 everything will be lost ... they have no plans to update their Apps to 64 Bit ... their simple answer: "Just do not update to iOS 11" ...

Sorry, but as long as they are not willing to support their "Premium Games" I am not willing to give them my money ...

I agree with this. I too have many of their apps, but no more.
06-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenemcardle View Post
I agree with this. I too have many of their apps, but no more.
Quote:

Are we sure their apps will not be updated? I have a number of them myself.
06-18-2017, 09:14 AM
They wrote it in their forums! I asked there and that was the clear answer! No 64 Bit updates!

06-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Look here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/view...p?f=10&t=76144

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76866

and several more ...

06-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Quote:
They wrote it in their forums! I asked there and that was the clear answer! No 64 Bit updates!
OMG, so it's true, well count me out T_T
06-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Well, that does indeed suck. Looks like I won't be supporting them either.