★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoptic View Post
I dont know much about this one, but the IAP only shows the unlock everything option. Is this a single payment for all cards in current pack game in the vein of Ascension, or is it a card pack buying game in the vein of Magic? I might jump if its the former!
It is NOT a collectible card game. So, yes, it's more Ascension than Magic.
08-18-2017, 12:03 PM
One bug that I've been seeing frequently is hero cards in the city ending up stacked in the same spot. Sometimes one card will be invisible and inaccessible. Often, though, the card artwork will end up being a patchwork of the two different cards in a strange graphical glitch.

Also, during other players' turns if an option to reveal a card arises, sometimes the game seem to jump to my turn but freezes after that.

Unfortunately this is, so far, a rather shit implementation of a great game. I'm having strong Battlecon vibes here.

08-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoptic View Post
I don’t know much about this one, but the IAP only shows the unlock everything option. Is this a ‘single payment for all cards in current pack’ game in the vein of Ascension, or is it a card pack buying game in the vein of Magic? I might jump if it’s the former!
Beyond the one unlocking the full game, all IAPs in this game are about obtaining in-game currency that can only be used for cosmetic cheese (golden cards, new backgrounds, card backs, etc.).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-18-2017, 03:46 PM
I still have yet to be able to find a live game after two days of trying.
08-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladejay View Post
I still have yet to be able to find a live game after two days of trying.
Aarghh same here. I want to try the game before buying the IAP, but i can't. This is frustrating.

Can anyone please confirm if you can play solo offline?
Thanks
08-18-2017, 07:16 PM
If you were a 90's kid you'll remember upper deck from your trading cards. Doubt this is the same company. Just saying, brings back memories.
08-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
Aarghh same here. I want to try the game before buying the IAP, but i can't. This is frustrating.

Can anyone please confirm if you can play solo offline?
Thanks
No you can't play solo offline, which is silly.

I've been disconnected in a few bot only games and the match was just lost, even if I immediately logged back in, I had to start a new game.

My iTunes Reviews
08-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
No you can't play solo offline, which is silly.

I've been disconnected in a few bot only games and the match was just lost, even if I immediately logged back in, I had to start a new game.
That sucks big time. It is a good price point now during gen con. They say it will raise up and be 5 instead of 2... decisions, decisions. Don't know that they will change it for the solo to be playable offline :/
08-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
That sucks big time. It is a good price point now during gen con. They say it will raise up and be 5 instead of 2... decisions, decisions. Don't know that they will change it for the solo to be playable offline :/
I'd be okay with it IF the reason they keep the bot games online is to get detailed statistics from matches played vs. the human players to improve itself...but I doubt it.

My iTunes Reviews
08-19-2017, 07:47 AM
This is so bitter sweet. There is some base quality there and the ruleset is something I've wished for on mobile ever since I played the boardgame... and you almost can't argue with the current price... but... it's so extremely broken. Cards overlapping, no preview on crucial decisions, server sync issues, some animations way too fast to read whats happening and others unnecessarily slow, bot games bug out if you click anything out of your turn, broken card interactions, constant restarts needed on single-player while the turn timer (on single player!) ticks down, never getting a game though matchmaking, and on and on and on... and yet I don't really regret getting it on sale.

Its almost playable if you create a "friend game" and start it with only you in the lobby.

Expect a buggy mess with good core rules if you buy it.