★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swai View Post
This is so bitter sweet. There is some base quality there and the ruleset is something I've wished for on mobile ever since I played the boardgame... and you almost can't argue with the current price... but... it's so extremely broken. Cards overlapping, no preview on crucial decisions, server sync issues, some animations way too fast to read whats happening and others unnecessarily slow, bot games bug out if you click anything out of your turn, broken card interactions, constant restarts needed on single-player while the turn timer (on single player!) ticks down, never getting a game though matchmaking, and on and on and on... and yet I don't really regret getting it on sale.

Its almost playable if you create a "friend game" and start it with only you in the lobby.

Expect a buggy mess with good core rules if you buy it.
My thoughts EXACTLY!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
If you were a 90's kid you'll remember upper deck from your trading cards. Doubt this is the same company. Just saying, brings back memories.
It is the same company and they still make trading cards.

This app is busted af. I mean, I've blown $2 on worse games but I couldn't even get through a game with bots because the UI completely broke in the middle.

I have faith they will fix and polish the game sooner or later but not a good look. Going to be deleting this for now so I can get the space back because it just doesn't work.

08-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY!
That's depressing. Been wanting a digital version of legendary for years. I only wanted to play solo, so haven't tried it. Glad I didn't throw money at it for the solo unlock
08-21-2017, 06:05 AM
To be fair, it's not like they won't fix the game.

I feel like this was pushed out in what appears to be an Alpha state to make GenCon, which is pretty misguided. I mean, I don't know how it even passed certification in this state.

But the devs have been actively communicating and I think they are on the case.
08-21-2017, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHamBoy View Post
To be fair, it's not like they won't fix the game.

I feel like this was pushed out in what appears to be an Alpha state to make GenCon, which is pretty misguided. I mean, I don't know how it even passed certification in this state.

But the devs have been actively communicating and I think they are on the case.
Too true. Right in the iTunes app description is a link to their Discord channel, and there the devs have been very supportive and are clearly actively working on known bugs.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Well their gen con promotion ends, the price goes up, but i prefer to py more, when i know the game is working, than to pay less for a buggy version without knowing what will happen.
As to the online solo, their website says it will be online only The game will have to be very very good for me to jump on board. So, for now, let's wait and see
08-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
i prefer to pay more, when i know the game is working, than to pay less for a buggy version without knowing what will happen.
Right there with you. I was at Gen Con and there were several tablets running Legendary DXP out on the show floor. It was clearly going to be a big part of their booth setup this year whether it was ready or not. It definitely wasn't the best digital launch at Gen Con, but I genuinely hope they get it turned around. iOS could use more deckbuilding games since we lost Dominion and we'll lose at least three others in the Appocalypse at this rate.
08-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Yep, I spent a couple hours playing it in the evenings this past weekend. I have no regrets about spending the 2 bucks for it, as it is actually really, really fun. But, man, it needs a lot more work. I'm also finding the solo play to be really hard. Years ago, I played 5 or 6 rounds of it at a demo event and I remember us heroes winning most of the time. I haven't even come close to defeating a villain yet, though.

Long story short, I recommend it. Even if it stays a buggy mess.
08-21-2017, 05:48 PM
FYI moved the deckbuilding discussion to its own thread so as not to distract from talk of Legendary. You can continue that discussion here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=310647

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
08-21-2017, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fring View Post
Yep, I spent a couple hours playing it in the evenings this past weekend. I have no regrets about spending the 2 bucks for it, as it is actually really, really fun. But, man, it needs a lot more work. I'm also finding the solo play to be really hard. Years ago, I played 5 or 6 rounds of it at a demo event and I remember us heroes winning most of the time. I haven't even come close to defeating a villain yet, though.

Long story short, I recommend it. Even if it stays a buggy mess.
Same, same - happy to take the punt for 2 squids. I dont have much idea what Im doing (Id far prefer an in game tutorial than vids), but if they get round to cleaning it up a bit Ill enjoy another deckbuilder. Id really rather the solo play wasnt timed though, seems unnecessary. Im going with 2 cautiously semi optimistic for the future