★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.

***AWARDS AND HONORS***
***Rock Paper Shotgun - 50 Best RPGs of All Time***
***IGN - Best of 2016: 2 Nominations***
***IGF 2016 - 3 Nominations***

Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.

* The Affliction System battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
* Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
* Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
* Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
* 15 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
* Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
* Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
* Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
* 3 game modes and over 80 hours of gameplay*

Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your familys ancestral estate?

Descend at your peril!

Please note that the game currently supports the following languages only: English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese
08-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Ok, now PLEASE, make a version for iPhone too.

08-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Krimson View Post
Ok, now PLEASE, make a version for iPhone too.
That's a tall order from a user interface perspective, but I admit I'd love to see it too.
08-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Finally!!! This just turned into a good week for the App Store!!!!👍👍👍
08-24-2017, 10:35 AM
IDK y the heck they didnt release it on iphones as if the gameplay are like those micromanaging small units on smaller screens
08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
the name says "Tablet Edition", so maybe it means that there will be a "Phone Edition"... maybe
08-24-2017, 10:50 AM
I bought this on PS4/Vita a while back, curious to see if they improved the user interface. On console, it was super unintuitive. Good game, but really perplexing choices of sticks and buttons to actually get things done. The interface was sometimes hard to read on PS4, really hard to read on Vita, and I'm seeing people asking about an iPhone version and buddy...

I'll probably buy this again as it's pretty cheap and easier to play on the train than finding my Vita out. It is great, just those interface issues which will need to be different on a purely touchscreen device. Different better, or different worse... well I'll find out soon enough I guess.
08-24-2017, 10:52 AM
To all the people wondering why there isn't an iPhone version, how many times have we seen studios get hated for releasing an iPhone version of an iPad app that has a crammed interface. Sometimes it's just not viable.
08-24-2017, 10:54 AM
But you cant blame people to still wonder about the iphone version especially if its really a good game

Its just the frustration of not being able to get on the hype train
08-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrgrvyplz View Post
But you cant blame people to still wonder about the iphone version especially if its really a good game

Its just the frustration of not being able to get on the hype train
Oh of course, I completely understand. I'm in that camp too, i'd love it on the phone. I guess I was just trying to see it from both sides and trying to understand why devs sometimes don't decide to release on iPhone.