★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Anyone else tried this? Very interested but a little hesitant with no reviews yet.
11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelrose View Post
I am getting a black screen and freeze every time I die. It makes for a more realistic but ultimately frustrating game.
Good one

11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks. FYI I am still having the problem. Restarted the iPad. I am running 4.2 so maybe that's the issue, but at this point the game is unplayable for me and useless until an update is posted. Anyone know how to contact the dev? Are they active on the forums here?
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Thanks. FYI I am still having the problem. Restarted the iPad. I am running 4.2 so maybe that's the issue, but at this point the game is unplayable for me and useless until an update is posted. Anyone know how to contact the dev? Are they active on the forums here?
I've never seen them on the forums, but try info@digitalleisure.com. I've had some correspondence back and forth with them before and they're always pretty good at responding.

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!
11-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok thanks! I've sent them an email.
11-03-2010, 02:11 AM
ugh... $5?

I'm getting tired of this. The iPhone version is frickin' $0.99!

I know, whine whine updated to ipad whine whine shouldn't be $5 whine whine... but seriously, $5?

Maybe if this comes down in price or I really want to experience the timing frustration of this game on the iOS devices, then I'll pick it up... but at $5... sigh, no.
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
ugh... $5?

I'm getting tired of this. The iPhone version is frickin' $0.99!

I know, whine whine updated to ipad whine whine shouldn't be $5 whine whine... but seriously, $5?

Maybe if this comes down in price or I really want to experience the timing frustration of this game on the iOS devices, then I'll pick it up... but at $5... sigh, no.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, the timing on the iPhone version has been completely borked since the iOS4 update, and after 3 months we're still waiting for a promised fix. Though, to be fair, I honestly have a funny feeling that EA (publishers of the iPhone version-nothing to do with the iPad version apparently) are more to blame for that than Digital Leisure (devs).

Either way, I'd rather have a working version of Dragon's Lair for $4.99 than a virtually unplayable one for $0.99. Also, the iPhone version was $4.99 when it first came out as well. It's been on a perpetual $0.99 "sale".

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!
11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Any idea when 4.2 releases to the general public?
11-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm wondering about that too for the update.
Was reading somewhere about next Tuesday, but you can only hope.
12-20-2010, 10:23 PM
New updated is posted. For some reason it isn't showing up yet in my update queue. Maybe it's due to me contacting iTunes for a refund after having to wait so long for the update...

Anyway, for other brave souls, it's out. Hopefully this version will actually work. It was interesting they blamed the problem on 4.2 when the game had issues before 4.2 ever came out.