★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolit View Post
I can make it the first dozen or so areas without dying but once I do it's all over and the deaths keep piling up. Staying alive is no minor feat!
I'll have to resist the temptation to tamper with the game, making it easier just for the video : ) At least I can practice the more difficult areas first though ... new jump code update will help, it's 'awaiting review'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenzilofDojima View Post
It's inspiration, Son of Blagger, was dreadful, weird and played like a dog even back in its day. Citadel is charming and weird and plays great.
Nooooo, we can't be talking about the same game! It was revolutionary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamOR View Post
All that is missing is a Rob Hubbard/Martin Galway/Maniacs of Noise soundtrack!
Don't forget Ben Daglish ... I actually met him once! RH's in-game music for Delta was the best SID track I reckon.
04-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Congrats on the front page article! And the fantastic game, of course

04-25-2017, 06:59 PM
One minor suggestion? I've already overwritten my save file by hitting the 'new game' button about halfway through the game. I was fine with it because it just meant I got to play through it again, and potentially shave off a few minutes, but maybe have a confirmation button if you're about to lose a saved game?
04-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
One minor suggestion? I've already overwritten my save file by hitting the 'new game' button about halfway through the game. I was fine with it because it just meant I got to play through it again, and potentially shave off a few minutes, but maybe have a confirmation button if you're about to lose a saved game?
I was going to suggest the same thing. I've accidentally done it once so far.
04-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Congrats on the front page article!
Thanks, that really made my week

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Fun game but having problems getting past area 5 with the bouncing coin and wall of water. Cannot seem to jump from the water to the higher platform no matter what I do.
The update (1.00.7) should be available now. The jump button is a bit more friendly, especially when jumping out of vertical water. Thanks for spotting that, I've realised my playing style was compensating for the problem

Quote:
maybe have a confirmation button if you're about to lose a saved game?
Ah, this will be in the next update ... I stripped back the UI for this game, going for the basic/retro approach, but the 'new game' button clearly needs an are-you-sure!
04-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Ok how do I get past the bear in area 16. I can't jump over and I can't run under. I must be missing something.

Edit: Figured it out by accident.

Last edited by RHess00; 04-26-2017 at 06:38 PM.
04-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Finally finished. 3:46 with 271 deaths. Fun game. I'll probably try again for a better time.
05-04-2017, 04:08 AM
Hello, an update's just been released (1.00.8) which includes an 'are you sure' screen for the 'new game' option, so no more accidental overwrites. Thanks for the feedback on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
Finally finished. 3:46 with 271 deaths. Fun game. I'll probably try again for a better time.
Just played through at 52:10 with 35 deaths ... 10+ of those were from a single area, tempted to get the editor out