Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

In addition to the already great suggestions above, you can support developers by helping to combat trolls

The Great Troll will often be found lurking in it's natural habitat, which is usually under game forum posts.

From there, he will lash out at unsuspecting devs which dare cross his bridge, tripping them up and causing their sales to plummet and fall. But a heroic fan can grab a pen (which is mightier than the sword) and fight this vile beast back, allowing the dev safe passage.

Last edited by SimianSquared; 04-08-2013 at 11:53 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I'm creating a fps scifi rpg called c.0.ntact and I must say all the positive feed back is amaizing...it's one of the few things that keeps my team going... I think input of any type is awesome just so long as it is respectful sense we are putting so much time into it I don't want to here it sucks I want to here why you didn't like it it sucks doesn't help me fix it at all...
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimianSquared View Post
In addition to the already great suggestions above, you can support developers by helping to combat trolls

The Great Troll will often be found lurking in it's natural habitat, which is usually under game forum posts.

From there, he will lash out at unsuspecting devs which dare cross his bridge, tripping them up and causing their sales to plummet and fall. But a heroic fan can grab a pen (which is mightier than the sword) and fight this vile beast back, allowing the dev safe passage.
Very eloquently said...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
Although this does give the developer $0.70 (for a $0.99 game), it doesn't help much beyond that.
I suppose it depends on the nature of your game. If it's a social game, or a multiplayer game, bringing more bodies in is always more useful than anything else.

Sure, it doesn't contribute to the rankings, but neither does a forum post after a certain threshold has been reached