RPG questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by injuwarrior, Apr 27, 2011.

1. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    This is a call to all RPG lovers to give it their best. RPGs have always been a big time hit or miss genre. I for one have never been able to get into them, but I have recently begun to think maybe for the wrong reasons. I doubt I am the only one so your answers might help convince more than just me to get into the genre. So I would love to know what the best ios RPGs might be to get started with. Take all things into consideration like depth, graphics, combat (if there is any), price, value, and so on. Also, what are all the different types of RPGs and, if your up to it, give a bit more about the whole genre in general ( Ex. what are the classes for) . I no nothing about them and have tried looking them up, but I look forward to being convinced by you guys to get into genre. The deeper the answers the better.

Side Note: While Aralon might be the epitome of ios rpgs at the moment, I don't have the device to run it, and it seems like a tough one to start with for rpgs. Feel free to try and convince my otherwise:). Also, I got Ash for free and still have it but never played it.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Chaos Rings (best turn-based)
    Zenonia 3 (coming tonight, will probably be the best action-based)

Sorry, there's too many threads around here on this for me to go into any further detail on the topic. Plus, the 'Mass what should I get thread' would be a good place to ask instead.

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Ill post this their too if their aren't enough replies. I thought it might be worth it own thread since it seems to be one of the most popular genres here and one of the hardest to get into.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ash is on sale today for $0.99 and is a respectable turn based game. Undercroft is a free first person turn based RPG that is worthy. If you're into strategy RPGs Knighturn is a good turn based strategy item. For action oriented KRPGs consider Wild Frontier.