Whining about price = ban

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by shen, Jun 30, 2009.

1. My suggestion is this:

posting complaining about price or saying that they don't like a particular game should get you banned for a week or so.

The iPhone user base is large enough that every game will have people who don't like it, or think it costs too much.

It sucks that every thread about a new game has the first 3 or 4 posts complaining that they don't like the look of the game, or think it costs to much.

A big flame war about pricing might be good in its own thread, but have to read it in every second thread is boring.

2. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Banning people for saying they don't like a game? This is a forum; it's a venue for people to discuss pros and cons of games. What would be the sense of limiting forum participation only to those who have positive things to say? That's just plain silly.

I agree with you in that I don't particularly care for people who whine and whine about prices: too high, too many price changes, I-paid-a-buck-and-now-it's-free, etc. I certainly don't think it's ban-worthy, however. Just annoying.

3. Yeah, sorry, I meant post that complain that they don't like a game, but they haven't played it.

Posts where the person has played the game and have some constructive feedback are good and can be interesting.

4. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    People whining about people who whine about price = smack in mouth. :rolleyes:

It's a forum. People can whine as much as they want. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on to the next post. Just as I am going to do now...

5. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Yeah man, forum is meant for discussion and open speech. As long as it's not offending anyone...why not?

Price whining is just a consumer trend. Who don't want their BMW to be cheap? Nothing is going to change that..

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Like the other person stated this is a forum...Yea forums always can't be perfect. It's normall for people to complain you can't help it...While I hate this too, I have to move on. And people not liking the game, when they do not have the game is another thing...

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Why don't you just move to China?

8. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I think people whining about other people whining should be banned....oh wait, I've done that :(

9. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Well thats a dumb idea...

10. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    well, banning might be a bit much, but we probably should separate out pricing discussion from actual game discussion.

the doom thread obviously has gotten a bit far off the game discussion.

arn

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Eh, the lines blur to easily here. For example, someone may be complain about Doom's price, fine. Another person may be complaining about the price of the game with sketchy screenshots from an unknown developer. Do you ban one? Both? Does banning one and not the other get the first one riled up because only he got banned? Just scroll, you'll be fine, I promise :rolleyes:

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I don't think anyone should be banned but maybe put in time-out for a day or so. Look at the last 40 messages of the Blue Bird thread.. what about arguing that a 99 cent game costs too much?

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Nah, people REVIEWING games giving them one star because of their rage at price drops should be banned by apple from reviewing. They read over every review before they show up, right?

14. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    ban for complaints?

ya right after u change toucharcade.com to hitlersback.com

15. willmeek

willmeek Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Banning or punishment for speaking out! Absolutely! Who likes the First Amendment anyway!

16. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think every one of us in this thread should be banned just for having this thread :D

17. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    This is a joke thread, yes?

I think we should also ban people who complain that a game costs as much as a cup of coffee. I've seen just about enough of that "reasoning" as well.

Now, please hold while I compile a complete list of things that annoy me, personally, so we can make them ban worthy offenses too...

18. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #18 MojoArcanus, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    I agree!
    Then after we ban them, we break into their homes and set their pets on fire!!!
    JEEPER-HAAALABEETLE!!!! What in the world is going on???

Hey, we could ban people who complain about games taking too long to come out too!
    Hell, just go ahead an ban ME while you're at it....................just kidding!

19. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    I want Real Racing and Rolando 2 to be in a pack together for 1$!
    Are you going to ban me? :D

Aha I get what your talking about but it should just be told to loosen up on it rather then a ban.

20. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    How about banning people with big noses next. Daft!