FIFA Mobile (by EA) - turn based online mobile soccer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 16, 2016.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    EA have just announced their new entry in the FIFA franchise for mobile - https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-mobile

In a similar vein to New Star Soccer, you are only in control for certain aspects (in this case, the attacking portions of the match), and can play online through asynchronous multiplayer that means you send your segment of attacking and await your opponent to respond.

Not exactly a full footballing experience on mobile but could be potentially be interesting?

2. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Pretty horrible...

3. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Ea needs to make FIFA Street Mobile. Would be so much fun.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    So will FIFA 16 UT die?
    In my opinion its core gameplay is nice...

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #5 Dailon80, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Anything is better than last years but for real just go back to 2014 it was the best and only one I still play I had 13 as well but 15&16 UT suck
    I hate ultimate team so at least have more than one mode that's all

Ok now I have looked at it more and it's basically like madden mobile which is prolly better than last years but still not what real Fifa fans want which is just a career mode
    Why they refuse to give that is beyond me but it is what it is at this point and I'm sure it's all about money
    All in all should be better than last years game

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #6 atchoo, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    I don't like UT, too, but FIFA 16 *could* be a great soccer game (sell me Premier League, Liga, Bundesliga or Serie A at X euros and I would be happy).
    This FIFA Mobile not at all. :(

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I will just stay w console for Fifa right now
    The whole thing comes down to why cant we pick our favorite team and play as them in some kind of mode :)
    Seems so simple and there is no excuses when 2K is putting out a full NBA console expierence on mobile every season
    Rant over for now until I actually play it

8. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Their mobile games made me stay away from any game they publish so I don't expect anything good coming out of this.

9. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
  10. germanom

germanom New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    It's a FIFA version of Madden Mobile, which is a very good move for the franchise in my opinion. I'm looking forward to it.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I will say it's better than Fifa 16 ultimate team only model but need to play it before knowing about other aspects

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I want to play a career mode and manager mode with my favorite clubs and their full licenses. Why waste full licenses on mini games and card games?! Well, back to FIFA 2014 for another year. More money EA won't be getting. Thanks to Fantasy Manager, I don't even play console FIFA anymore.

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Uhm... Soccer (football) isn't (american) football, that is a "turned-based sport" itself.
    But I'm not EA's target, I'll looking for something different.

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    They did a long Q&A session on Twitter: look @EAFIFAMOBILE

15. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Even though I'm a FIFA purist and football is basically my life, I'm actually not too unhappy with this. The actual football simulator will likely never work on such a small screen, let alone a touch device (even 3DS/Vita iterations couldn't handle it), so if you're looking for the full experience, FIFA 17 or the other myriad of console options are infinitely better choices. This could be a quite good adaptation of football on a mobile device, so as long as they make the monetisation fair I'm totally down for this.

And if you're not happy with these changes, either go check out FIFA 14 which was ace (even if Arsenal wasn't as good in it), or look at some of the new options, like the upcoming Sociable Soccer.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, the full experience in 2014 worked great for me. Good controls, great menus, lots of options. Too bad they didn't leave it on the App Store for those that still want to pay to play the full match. But I'm thankful it's still in my purchase history and working on iOS 9.

17. germanom

germanom New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Totally agree with you there. That is the main reason it is so difficult to implement the "challenge" technology we see in other sports in football.
    But a few years back, EA released a game called "FIFA Superstars" (if I'm not mistaken) and they managed to work around these issues pretty decently. Now it's wait and see what they have in mind for it.

18. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    While I have enjoyed Madden and NBA Live on mobile, I wish FIFA would have stayed the same in terms of console. F2P and IAP's and the loss of interest in building for pay once to play is a thing of the past. I really miss those days. It's not completely gone, but it's becoming a distant memory.

19. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
  20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thank for the video to see a little more
    Graphics are def a step back but I think that's to reduce size. I'm all for a change since it was needed but this attack only 75 seconds for a game is dumb and it just seems it will be more catered to those who don't actually like the sport but like the games. Offense only sucks since I love playing defense too and guess what defense is actually part of a football game after all. I don't see it staying on my device very long unless they add a kickoff mode now I will say this and it's a plus going in possibly it looks like your team has its real players which would be nice at least you would be playing as that real team i.e. Man U would have Ibra so that is a plus it's not all negatives