Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I added you I think, invite me if you wanna play multi!

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hey Rip,

based on your recomendation I will definately get it, thanks for the review. I had my hesitation when I heard about the " goat thing" but looking at video. Looks like a sweet game !

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yeah, for sure! Will play it sometime today :)

4. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Based on the video I watched. There were no iron sights?

To the devs, do you plan on implementing them in a future update?? Thanks for the info.

5. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I've had some luck getting connected to humans while playing...but they are never there when the game ends. Not sure if they're getting kicked off or just leaving because I suck so bad...

Anyone else noticing this?

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Ran into a weird glitch, not sure what map it was but it was multiplayer sacred goat, me and 7 bots.

There was a certain wall in the game where both teams would run to and they would just run in place trying to get through the wall. When they were killed the other team would do the same thing. Since I didn't see the goat, maybe it glitches into the wall?

I took some pics I could send the Developer if that would help.

7. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #227 heringer, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Well, I must be missing something, because I'm not seeing what's so special about the game. It's not bad by any means, but in my opinion it's not as good as this topic would suggest.

PROS:

- Smart controls. Giving up Y axis is probably the direction to take with iOS shooters, and Trigger Fist devs got it first. Auto zooming works better than expected.

- Good AI offers decent challenge even offline.

- Sacred Goat is a cool mode.

- Perks and the usual positive reinforcement stuff that now are common place in shooters

CONS:

- Graphics are not good. At all. It's very very basic. Lightning is completely flat, poor textures, a general lack of visual details and effects (even basic details like bullet holes are nowhere to be found) and low poly count aside from players models (which looks fairly decent).

- Sound is worse. Weapons don't sound very good, lacking oomph. Also, for some reason other people's weapons make very little noise. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one shooting, very off putting. The volume of other players weapons is clearly off balance compared to yours. Not a lot of sound effects either.

- While the X axis only aiming is a good idea, it comes at a cost: battles can only take place in one plane. This limits the level design by a good deal.

- Not a lot of depth to the gunplay itself. There's very little room for skillfull play considering only a couple of shots can bring someone down. Because of that, it's more of a game of who founds who first, and people who know the maps and spawn patterns better will come out on top. Since it doesn't take long to learn that, the skill level field will even out pretty soon, raising the chance factor. And while team play could raise the relevance of skill because of tactics, since there's no way to communicate with other players, it's moot.

- Price is steep compared to other offerings on the AppStore.

- Only 4 players online. I realize this is not the dev's fault, but that doesn't stop it from diminishing the game's value.

Overall, it's not too bad and there's some fun to be found. It's just not terribly compelling or exciting, with a few glaring faults. Some healthy updates could do the game wonders. 6/10

Just my honest opinion.

8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    please send me the pics - it's possible the host's connection was doing something stupid like going from wifi to 3g

9. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    who puts iron sights in a 3rd person shooter - play it and tell me you want it then

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No, you left!

11. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Gracias !

Thanks for all the information Rip73.

12. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    My bad, I keep thinking in the perspective of a first person shooter because I own so many of them. Disregard that question. I have to admit the videos look real nice. I will definately purchase this game !

13. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I seen a rank 46 with a minigun?? I been playing this game to much and I'm only a level 8

14. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Like the game so far. I agree the X axis only is a good idea. The "2 shots and you die" stuff gets old though. I hate how its near impossible to get blindsided and survive. Loving what I played so far though.

15. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    WHAT!!!? You don't have it already Fighting GI? Your slipping young man.

16. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I got my first 10 kill streak!!

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    When playing with friends they always leave, I guess it's a bug

18. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'll probably be getting it tonight :D Seeya on the battlefield broh ! I'll add you too. Is your usename WCFields?

19. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    It's personunknown, I'll pick it up Thursday after work.

20. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    How are you doing in online play so far oldman?