What's the first iOS/Android game that you made?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Bleau, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    #1 Bleau, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Big hi to all devs,

You are probably familiar with the #ThrowbackThursday hashtag. Since it's Thursday, I was wondering what was the first game for iOS or Android that you developed. Where did you start out?

I was thinking of making a list with Person or Developer/Company name and a link to the game.

Leave a comment and tell us a bit about the game and making it.

Looking forward to seeing "your first" :)

P.S. I did search for similar threads but did not find any.

moWOW - Clumsy And The Stars
    TECSOL - Space Quest-Journey For Hope
    Denno - Tap Box Flurry

2. abbas_basil

abbas_basil Active Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Technical Co-Founder
    The first game that we made was an endless runner using cocos2D

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/space-quest-journey-for-hope/id722772595?mt=8

For our second development we are looking to go 3D with unity.

3. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    My first app was Tap Box Flurry. It was a pretty simple app, took about 3 weeks to make it. It's a real throwback because I've learnt so much since then.

Like abbas_basil, I'm looking to move into 3D development (most likely Unity), hoping to master 2D first though. As for game types, I really would love to work on a huge RPG project. I want to make a game like final fantasy 7/8/9/10 or the Tales series. Ambitious but doable for sure :D

4. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    @abbas_basil I looked up your profile and saw TecsolSoftware. Let me know if you want to mention something else for developer. Looking forward to see your next game :)

@Dennno That icon frame is wickedly colored :)) - Well, Rome was not built in a day. Why not start with a small rpg but make it so that the blocks/elements that you used to build the small game can be used later on for the huge one that you're dreaming of? :)

5. abbas_basil

abbas_basil Active Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Technical Co-Founder
    Hey Bleau,

Yes the company name is TECSOL and we are developers of iOS and Android Apps. We have done several native apps on both platforms and now working on a strategy game that is going to be made with Unity and Smart Fox Server for multiplayer. We uploaded Space Quest in in off shore account as we wanted to have a separate account for games. Our team here in Bangalore is 17 people :)