★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. The complete version of this Comic/Game Hybrid allows you to enjoy a full 42 page comic by renowned comic book artist Duke Mighten and then jump right into the action when the story demands it, with its game sections directed by game industry legend David Perry. It is a comic book you can play!

The story revolves around the SXPD, an elite police force consisting of all female officers who enforce the law in the privately owned 52nd state of America; 'New Royale'; a hyper violent and bizarre scifi world.

Chase the gangs and violent criminals of New Royale, in a high speed bike pursuit across the dangerous environments of the dark State. Get lured into the sewers, wastelands and industrial zones of the city. And find out if the Rookie can save New Royale from the terrorists threatening it.

'The Rookie' is the first instalment of many episodes and features 6 chapters of comic book storytelling, and high adrenalin racing game action.

What the press says:
Theguardian.com:
One of the most inventive iOS games of 2014 so far.

Killscreen.com :
just as the action kicks in, you see a panel depicting a first-person view. Swipe, and you dive into the comic book world, without compromise to visual fidelitythere's a beautiful fluidity to be seen as the expressive art style transitions into motion.

Toucharcade.com:
Dark and violent in nature, SXPD is reminiscent of comic series such as Tank Girl or Heavy Metal, perhaps, and is ideal for anyone who wishes to dive into the world of intense high speed chases, rapid gunfire and earth-shattering explosions.

Pocketgamer.com:
SXPD crackles with energy. It's an assault on the eyes in the best possible way.

148appps.com:
SXPD is ideal for any comic book fan who wishes they could dive into the pages of a high-speed chase.

SXPD features:
- A full 42 page comic book by Artist Duke Mighten (Judge Dredd, Afro Samurai, Batman)
- 6 chapters of super fast bike combat directed by David Perry (MDK, Earthworm Jim)
- 6 Additional arcade playmodes
- 3D Deathchase tribute challenge, the ZX Spectrum classic which inspired SXPD
- Full GameCenter support, with challenges and achievements
04-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Man this is beautiful! Really loving the Madworld/Sin City visuals, cannot wait to have this available in the UK!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

04-17-2014, 08:18 PM
This looks cool to bad i dont have credit on my ca account
04-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansKaosu View Post
This looks cool to bad i dont have credit on my ca account
Same here. Actually, no way i can get paid apps outside my local appstore coz my credit cards are local only. :P

... Unless some angel gifts it to me

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-17-2014, 09:23 PM
I want this game so bad too, but let's waiting until it's released, buy it and support for charity

http://www.onebiggame.com

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3201227

Game Center ID: copaeci

Last edited by copaeci; 04-17-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Add upcoming link thread
04-17-2014, 09:34 PM
I need to move to California. I want this now!
04-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I need to move to California. I want this now!
you mean canada?

embedded:

this game looks freakin cool!!!

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

Last edited by redribbon; 05-16-2014 at 10:27 AM.
04-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
you mean canada?

embedded:

YouTube: video

this game looks freakin cool!!!
Lol, yes... I was joking. At first I typed Canada but then I thought it would be funny to change it because they have the same abbreviation.
04-18-2014, 01:18 AM

Played through it. Also it`s pretty short (less then 30. Minutes of Gameplay overall and maybe shorter if you don`t die as many times as I did) I really liked it and looking forward to see what the other Episodes might offer.

At the current Price Tag it`s more then fair and I do indeed hope that the rest will be priced similar. A HD Gameplay Trailer will following soon as I am currently already rendering the Video File and will post it as soon as it will be ready.

Filesize:

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-19-2014 at 08:10 AM.
04-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Played through it. Also it`s pretty short (less then 30. Minutes of Gameplay overall and maybe shorter if you don`t die as many times as I did) I really liked it and looking forward to see what the other Episodes might offer.

At the current Price Tag it`s more then fair and I do indeed hope that the rest will be priced similar. A HD Gameplay Trailer will following soon as I am currently already rendering the Video File and will post it as soon as it will be ready.

Filesize:

Thank you for your valued information!