Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Elevate by Whaleo (by Michael Warren)

Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

Visual style looks awesome
Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Definitely! I thought I'd commented on this when I posted it but obviously didn't. Anyway, I had no real idea what the gameplay involved but the visual style really appealed. Absolutely loving the minimalistic puzzle period we seem to be in the middle of!

Edit: After watching the trailer I think I'm no better off knowing how the game plays! Still pretty though
Old 03-07-2014, 12:56 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Definitely! I thought I'd commented on this when I posted it but obviously didn't. Anyway, I had no real idea what the gameplay involved but the visual style really appealed. Absolutely loving the minimalistic puzzle period we seem to be in the middle of!

Edit: After watching the trailer I think I'm no better off knowing how the game plays! Still pretty though
Well I told the developer about the thread on Twitter. Hopefully he'll come by, give us some details about the gameplay
Old 03-07-2014, 01:45 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hello,

Thank you for looking into Elevate and for your much appreciated comments on the game design. My apologies for the lack of info, a more explanatory video is coming soon, but for now here's a little more information:

Elevate has a simple premise, get the rider to his destination using elevators. A the start of each level you are presented with a puzzle. Your job is to place the elevators and stoppers (the square blocks which control when the elevators stop, riders get off, and the elevators reverse) so that the rider gets to his destination without hitting any obstacles or walls.

If you fail, you can edit your solution and try again. As you progress, the levels become more complex and new obstacles are revealed.

Elevate is not a difficult game to understand, so I hope i didn't make it sound more confusing than it is. Hopefully the current video makes a little more sense now.

If you have any other questions please ask!

Michael
[URL="http://www.whaleo.com"]whaleo.com[/URL]
Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Sounds really nice - I can definitely picture how the game will play now, thank you. Looks like another game I need to pick up a voucher for on payday, still really intrigued by the art.

Cheers for coming down to the thread as well, it's always nice to hear from the developer and thanks Bronxsta for reaching out to them!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:44 PM

I think I'll pick this up also
Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So I picked this up. The gameplay kind of reminds me of Trainyard, not in terms of the exact mechanics, but in how you edit a plan, hope it works, then and go back and alter your solution until it works

The art style is really stylish, especially the rain and cloud effects, and the first puzzle alone had me stumped for a bit. It's all about timing and thinking three steps ahead as you coordinate multiple elevators

But
1) The control seem kind of clunky, unresponsive sometimes. More than once, it would take a few swipes to get one of the stopper blocks to move. I noticed you could even move the block off the screen, not sure if intentional or a bug. Also I encountered a bug where the guy wouldn't leave the elevator, had to exit out of the game and restart the level to beat it.
2) The inclusion of a Solve button makes no sense IMO. This is a puzzle game, why give the player the ability to instantly learn how to solve the level? If anything, I'd rather that be some kind of IAP cheat or an option you can turn off
Old 03-07-2014, 06:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
So I picked this up. The gameplay kind of reminds me of Trainyard, not in terms of the exact mechanics, but in how you edit a plan, hope it works, then and go back and alter your solution until it works

The art style is really stylish, especially the rain and cloud effects, and the first puzzle alone had me stumped for a bit. It's all about timing and thinking three steps ahead as you coordinate multiple elevators

But
1) The control seem kind of clunky, unresponsive sometimes. More than once, it would take a few swipes to get one of the stopper blocks to move. I noticed you could even move the block off the screen, not sure if intentional or a bug. Also I encountered a bug where the guy wouldn't leave the elevator, had to exit out of the game and restart the level to beat it.
2) The inclusion of a Solve button makes no sense IMO. This is a puzzle game, why give the player the ability to instantly learn how to solve the level? If anything, I'd rather that be some kind of IAP cheat or an option you can turn off
Thanks for downloading. Again appreciate the comment.

1) I will look into the bugs you mentioned. Stoppers are able to move off screen but should snap back upon release. The rider should always exit the elevator. May I ask what phone you are using? Thanks for the report.

2) The solve button is only on the first couple levels so you can see the game in action and learn how to get working. By level 3 you are on your own.

Best,
Michael

P.S. makes sure to NEVER hit the emergency button