App store doesnt show my app when search for the title

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fxu.boxi, Jul 14, 2017.

1. fxu.boxi

fxu.boxi Member

May 20, 2017
    My game was released early this week. I check it once a while on the app store. Starting Thursday, App Store wouldn't show my app when I search for the title, even you scrolled down a few pages. I did the same thing for a couple other unpopular apps. The same thing happened to them. I understand that Apple uses certain algorithm to help people find the good app that they are looking for. But the search algorithm is wrong. Relevance is not treated as important as popularity, while a lot of articles are saying relevance is the most important when picking up the keywords. What kind of engine is that if it cannot locate the product by its name?

Attached Files:

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Has they been upated to 64-bit? If my recollection is correct, I read somewhere that they wouldn't post 32-bit games and apps

3. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    I tried searching for it, your game also not appearing. It is strange.

4. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    mayby your app name is just no too unique to show up on the first place in search results? Or lots of other more popular apps has your keywords?

As of us, we've released our latest app Checkers by SkillGamesBoard on Saturday and it is discoverable if printing the exact name of the app. See below

Attached Files:

5. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    "O-box: Ball Shooter" is very unique I'd say. This actually has been problem for Apple Store for sometime.
    Since they purchased search engine "Chomp", and implemented it in their algo, I find it very hard to find my own app even when I typed the whole name. They somehow give priority to ratings (where people can cheat), and to popular publishers/devs only.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Even worse, if you search for an app by title, they won't show (at least in most cases) unless you spell the name exactly as it is listen. This even applies to spacing and use of characters such as &.

There was a time when the appstore would find apps despite a misspelled search. I really hope that comes back.