Looking for an action rpg

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Timisone, Apr 24, 2015.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oops sorry i dont think you can actually. My mistake

But well worth checking out as its free.

2. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Just checked it out, looks to be single player, such a shame was really looking forward to playing! I really carnt do solo games >.< I like to chat and interact with players

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Funny how we're all different. Much prefer single player games, can play offline, dont have to worry about a high phone bill. Plus theres so many frustrating players online i prefer to keep away from them totally.

4. NetBad

NetBad Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Designer for Construction
    America
    Korean game Blade is good choice

5. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Yup, different style of game play, I have always loved MMORPG and dungeon crawler MMo's, I just carnt play solo games I love to interact and have banter etc whilst playing.

6. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    What mistake? Deano13 isn't the OP of this thread, though he acts like it. He is looking for an mmorpg in another thread. I think you got the "Looking for an action rpg", "Looking for an RPG" and "RPG Dungeon Crawler" threads confused and I don't blame you. They all popped up on the same day. Weird.

Anyway, I can see why you don't like MMORPGs and I don't blame you. No story, everything is repetitive and there's a lot of grinding for xp and farming for gold/items. But everything depends on the community, so you have to surround yourself with people you can tolerate and you'll get a much better experience out of it. And don't say that everyone in an MMORPG is a jerk, because that's just way too general and not true. The thing I like most about MMORPGs is that it offers a true role play experience. You can be anything from a beggar to a rich merchant, you can be a santa gifting gifts on christmas, you can be known as a PvP legend, you can be a scammer, you can be helpful or a jerk, you can be a historian and list and document all the update changes, you can be a mercenary, you can be the master of the biggest guild, you can live a double life if you have more accounts etc. You can make your own unscripted stories. There really is no limit and singleplayer can never provide that. And once you are in that you will have trouble coming back to singleplayer games.

That is, if you are willing to put your real life and the rest of your gaming habits on hold for a while. I'm done with MMORPGs though, but it's an experience I will fondly remember.