Any developers lookin for their next game idea?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mr_bez, May 28, 2013.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ever since Angry Birds Space came out, I've been trying to remember the name of an incredibly addictive game I used to play on the school LAN and it's recently come to me: Warheads SE.

It plays much like Angry Birds Space meets Worms, although obviously it predates (and in my opinion, is far superior to) the former. The controls and potential for asynchronous gameplay seem perfectly suited for mobile.

There are gameplay videos on YouTube and the rights seem to be owned by some guy who runs http://www.warheads.net/.

I've got no connection to the game - just a desire to play it, or something like it, again. I can't find anything similar on the App Store.

I doubt this post will come of anything, but I'd love to see someone contact the guy and make an updated iOS version.

2. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    You could contact him and ask if he's interested in having someone port/update the game for new devices. Then if he's definitely interested you could say so here which might increase the chances of finding someone.

Or how about having a go at making it (or a clone) yourself? Even if you know nothing of game dev remember we all started somewhere! Though I recommend making a simple tictactoe or breakout game first purely as an exercise to learn the basics. You don't need John Carmack's genius to make games, just lots of determination.

3. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Yeah, especially since the game is really simple so looks like a good starter project. I don't see how you can fail on that one.

4. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Tictactoe and breakout are really simple games to most people..

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Briefly considered that idea but, given the fact that my programming knowledge is a bit of VBA for Excel to create some mildly complicated macros, I wouldn't even know where to start.