Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Surprised to hear BH2 wasn't a success, I thought it was immensely popular. It was even featured on the App Store front page a couple of times.

I can understand though, if people downloaded this game when it was free and then never spent any money.
I myself stopped playing because even weeks after release the multiplayer was still not working properly, there was unbearable lag and players would disconnect all the time. Releasing a game with broken multiplayer is guaranteed to piss people off and a surefire way to lose players.

Still I'm sure the next Foursaken game will be a hit. I'm looking forward to Heroes & Castles 2!
Phantom Rift is the officially known one. Look it up under the upcoming games, looks like a hit and new IP!

H&C2 is the unspoken one in the distance Soon, I think.........
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Surprised to hear BH2 wasn't a success, I thought it was immensely popular. It wasn't even featured on the App Store front page a couple of times.

I can understand though, if people downloaded this game when it was free and then never spent any money.
I myself stopped playing because even weeks after release the multiplayer was still not working properly, there was unbearable lag and players would disconnect all the time. Releasing a game with broken multiplayer is guaranteed to piss people off and a surefire way to lose players.

Still I'm sure the next Foursaken game will be a hit. I'm looking forward to Heroes & Castles 2!
Actually, one of the things we've found with all of our games, and seen in many other iOS games as well, is that there just aren't a huge amount of people that play multiplayer at all on mobile (in our games, we see less than 10% of players boot up multiplayer even once - in other words, even if mp performance was terrible, most players don't even care for mp enough to ever even see that). Typically, the multiplayer games that seem to do the best tend to be non-real time or "soft" implementations of "multiplayer" (like clash of clans for ex), or games with a big name behind them (such as Hearthstone). Not saying there aren't any good mp games on mobile or that they don't or can't exist, just saying it doesn't seem to be very common - and you really need a huge install base to have an active mp community.

As for mp performance in BH2, you're right, there were sporadic issues - that is unfortunately just the product of not having our own servers. With GameCenter/without dedicated servers, we have a lot less options for how to handle the mp, and it ends up being a very up and down experience - many players could play all day with no issues one day, and all day the next with huge lag... but even still, as with H&C, most players stuck to single player.

As far as BH2 success, again, it didn't perform badly, but it wasn't a "hit" either. The main thing I was getting at is that with the amount of content we initially released (most people haven't even unlocked all the content currently available), combined with the games moderate success, its hard to justify adding extra content, even if there are still a lot of cool ideas.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Actually, one of the things we've found with all of our games, and seen in many other iOS games as well, is that there just aren't a huge amount of people that play multiplayer at all on mobile (in our games, we see less than 10% of players boot up multiplayer even once - in other words, even if mp performance was terrible, most players don't even care for mp enough to ever even see that). Typically, the multiplayer games that seem to do the best tend to be non-real time or "soft" implementations of "multiplayer" (like clash of clans for ex), or games with a big name behind them (such as Hearthstone). Not saying there aren't any good mp games on mobile or that they don't or can't exist, just saying it doesn't seem to be very common - and you really need a huge install base to have an active mp community.

As for mp performance in BH2, you're right, there were sporadic issues - that is unfortunately just the product of not having our own servers. With GameCenter/without dedicated servers, we have a lot less options for how to handle the mp, and it ends up being a very up and down experience - many players could play all day with no issues one day, and all day the next with huge lag... but even still, as with H&C, most players stuck to single player.

As far as BH2 success, again, it didn't perform badly, but it wasn't a "hit" either. The main thing I was getting at is that with the amount of content we initially released (most people haven't even unlocked all the content currently available), combined with the games moderate success, its hard to justify adding extra content, even if there are still a lot of cool ideas.
What would be fun is, one day, to see you guys write up some post-mortem stuff on your games, for aspiring creative folks and game developers. What did you cut, what didn't work that you tried, etc. Screenshots of failed experiments.... its extra work, but would be interesting if and when you get a spare moment

Could be good info on blog section of your website or something ha
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Don't worry about money from me - as long as your games are premium, I'll instabuy everything I guess it was not a good idea to make BH2 free. And I believe your opinion about multiplayer is what it is becouse you have had "bad" experience with it but believe me I was very enjoying mp with friends (Yes, there were a few issues with mp, but that's another topic)
Old 08-22-2014, 02:51 PM

I guess we won't see at least 1 new map anytime soon but...I am cool with that.This game is just awesome,a masterpiece and nothing else to say.Foursaken you are my favorite AppStore company.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
I guess we won't see at least 1 new map anytime soon but...I am cool with that.This game is just awesome,a masterpiece and nothing else to say.Foursaken you are my favorite AppStore company.
They're working on 3 other titles right now.
Get pumped.