Safari Kart - 3D Kart Racing!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by teemup, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Lead Developer of Safari Kart
    Tampere, Finland
    #1 teemup, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Developed by a tiny indie developer Mobiteos from Tampere, Finland, Safari Kart is a brand new 3D Kart Racing Game for iPhone & iPad!
    We were aiming to make a retro-esque Kart racing game which both experienced and new Kart gamers would immediately be able to pick up and enjoy.

Safari Kart will be made available on 29th of June 2017 in the Apple App Store for the price of $2.99/£2.99/3,49€

Safari Kart is an brand new 3D Kart Racing Game for all ages. Boost, drift and use power-ups to win your trophies!

Race from volcanic jungles to freezing cold ice lakes, unlocking new tracks and characters. Can you be the one to champion all of the Cups?

IT’S A WILD RIDE!
    -Choose from eight colorful characters
    -Compete in 12 unique tracks
    -Use different power-ups to gain an edge!
    -Drift around corners for a boost
    -Three difficulty levels from novice to racing experts
    -Premium game with no in-game ads or extra purchases!

http://www.safarikartgame.com

Let me know what you think!

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I like the looks of this and want to grab it now! Oh well, gotta wait... I like the way the characters look pissed at each other as they go by! Summer's a way off though....#

3. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Thanks :) There is still a quite time for Summer. But for me it is a relief as there is still a lot to do :) If you want to get playing before that, follow this thread (or on FB/Twitter via website above). We will have a closed beta this or next month. More on that later.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It does look good, hope the controls are good

5. BGamer

BGamer New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Looking Good

6. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    I believe so :) We have done quite extensive testing with different people. Most are able to pick up the game immediately. You turn by pressing the bottom corners of the screens. Right goes right, left goes left. Virtual-analog sticks etc didn't feel as good. Kart games (as I experienced them) were more digital in control schemes than analog. Throttle is always on. You have the option to break, but this often not required. It is more useful to drift around the more difficult corners.

7. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    We are soon starting Beta testing for the early Summer release. If you wish to paticipate, please see the signup link in the original post!

8. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Here is some gameplay of the second track!
    We have got some beta signups already, but there is still room for some more. You can find the link on the original post.
    Also don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions :)

9. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hope this releases with controller support, else it's a no for me!

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This looks pretty fricken sweet

11. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    There indeed is a controller support! Unfortunately not all of the menus are controller-only compatible, as they were designed for the touch screen first. If you are using an device-attached controller this should not be an issue.
    However, full controller support (with all of the menus) will be released in a patch later this summer. It is definitely something I want to have working perfectly. Just a matter of prioritization and trying to get game released as soon as possible, so we can get more feedback and make other improvements and additions :)

Here we are testing the game yesterday via Airplay to our TV.

Attached Files:

12. Retr0-MD2

Retr0-MD2 New Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Game looks sweet! And even sweeter with controller support. Hopefully it works with Logitech Powershell. There is at least one game I know that has controller support, but crashes when the Powershell is attached.

Anyhow, looking forward to this.

13. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Logitech Powershell seems like an interesting device. Was under 10€ on Amazon so ordered one and will make sure Safari Kart works on it! ;)

14. Neverswim

Neverswim Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2017
    gameplayer
    Beijing, China
    really adore that green crocodile...so cute! wonder if this game would include online mode. I guess it would be much funny playing together

15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    its gonna be universal with apple tv + icloud + mfi controller right?

16. teemup

teemup Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Only Universal iOS in the beginning with in-game MFI-controller support. Full controller support (meaning you can use all of the menus without a touch screen) along with (hopefully!) apple tv build will come later this summer. Unlocked tracks and characters are automatically synced via iCloud.