iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Repeat after me... IAP is not required to play through or enjoy the game.

A difficult concept to grasp, I know. :)

2. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Quick question - any one know if there are multiple difficulty levels? How about New Game+? The consoles have both of those, it'd be great if the iPhone game did as well. Seems like they've kept most everything else...

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

On the first playthrough you get normal and easy, you can unlock harder difficultys later.

The game also has three savegame slots, so multiple people can play on one device without loosing progress.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Beating the game gets you a New Game+ where you can continue with your already upgraded equipment.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    No, it's an easy concept that everyone gets.
    But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hallucination that a lot of people were attacking Com2Us for their nasty IAPs for games like Queen's Crown and SEED. I'm pretty sure people were able to finish both games without buying anything. Just because a game like Dead Space has more presentation doesn't mean it's a completely different concept of IAPs.
    Why did EA put in an IAP store for a $9.99 game then? To make more even more money of course. And I'm pretty sure "powerups" and "upgrades" are less cosmetic and more critical to the actual gameplay than Capcom's SF4 costume packs. It's like a $14.99/month MMORPG with an item store that charges a few bucks for armor upgrades and stuff, lots of people will buy it rather than farm for it to gain an advantage over other players. I'm not sure if Dead Space is multiplayer or not since I've never played it but same concept.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I guess I don't understand why it gets you so riled up. If an optional purchase doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it. I don't throw my glass of water in my waiter's face when he asks if I want cheese on my hamburger, I just decline.

7. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    No multiplayer, so there's no advantage over other people to buying them. On the other hand, if it's true to the series, it will likely be a HARD game at times, so there might be people out there who are thankful for the ability to buy some additional assistance. Better to spend a few extra bucks than buy a $9.99 (or $6.99, as it might be) game and not be able to get through it.

And really, while the IAPs will be useful, they're really just an edge. Upgrade nodes are useful, but they're not game changing. A couple of extra nodes will get you slightly better weapons/suits/powers, but they're not going to break the game.

8. twiztid

twiztid Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    coolestness on the mic
    houston tx
    Thank you m night shamalan

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So all the weapons and upgrades are available in the game, but you have to find them or you can choose to buy them, right? If that's the case then that's perfect for me because I'm usually pretty thorough when I play games like this. I search every room and container like a drug dealer trying to remember where he stashed his drugs.

10. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are you suggesting that he's smuggling extra nodes up his butt? This sounds intriguing.

11. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Again, just going off the console games and what I've read in previews. All the weapons will be found in game (and none available as IAP). There will be a decent number of nodes, but not enough to max out your weapons - the first time around. Hence my earlier question about New Game+.

12. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Lol i was hoping someone would catch that ^^
    On a side note, hodapp is right... Its there but u dont needit... Complaining about it just existing is stupid

Like on the xbox i could pay $2 extra for better weapon in mass effect and dead space. Its not intrusive though and i dont NEED to buy it, so really i could care less :)
    Just my 99cents :)

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ok thanks. It sounds similar to the effect of the IAP in NFS: Hot Pursuit. The IAP makes the game easier and/or requires less time to complete.

Of course. His plan is successful until the 3rd level where he gets raped by the TSA who conduct a cavity search :D

14. cozval

cozval Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Italy
    I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad too... Which is the best version?

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Please read the thread. This has been answered at least twice.

16. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Does this have the ability to use the Gyro for precise movement? Nova for example lets you control the aiming via the gyro movement that is way more precise than the virtual analog sticks can give. This might make me buy both the iPad and iPhone versions if so. iPad for the bigger screen and iPhone for the gyro aiming.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I never found gyro controlls more accurate, and no, they aren't available. There are also no virtual analog sticks.

controlls are great though.

18. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So wait, you put the game down after a particular scene freaked you out, then you talk about the horrifying cutscenes, and then you say the game has no cutscenes?

I'm mighty confused :p

How is movement handled? Is it on-rails? Or do you actually have control over your character?

What are unlockables looking like?

19. ps49556n

ps49556n Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    This game looks great but I am still not sure how the player is controlled....is it on-rails??

20. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole
    Question

Is there any other upgradable suits despite the one you start with and the one on the icon of the app??

I remember when I watched the playthrough that the guys from touchgen did. And in the playthrough he gets his suit upgraded.
    I just wanted to know if there will several suits for vandal as well as issac??