Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2014, 05:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Amazing Viking Smart Puzzles

Old 08-19-2014, 05:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Ok guys, I could need some help. I found this app by accident, but there is definitely something strange here. The first odd thing is that the app is listed under books, not games. The second and much more peciular is the app description, which is an exact copy of "Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage". The screenshots on the other hand are obviously taken from "Little Viking Dungeon Of Doom". And the developer is is neither Utopian Games nor Nitrome, but a so called Quing Long GUAN.

Edith found another game "of him", called "Amazing Running Man", and screenshots and description are clearly taken from "Canabalt". This one is listed under social network instead of games. So, apart from stealing apps Mr Guan seems to have a problem with categories too. And I am starting to think that this thread is a complete waste of web space ...

Last edited by srtmxx; 08-19-2014 at 05:33 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 05:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

The first time i encountered a similar game i thought someone had cloned it, i alerted the dev of Little Viking. But basically the dev sold the source code and graphics so several companies bought it. If you search i'm sure you'll see some other games with the same graphics/name or just a minor change.

So this is 'legit' but obviously just a clone/slight change from the original game.