Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I wouldn't say it's virtually identical at all. It's clearly inspired by it but definitely not a case of infringement.

Anyway, this has been a bit of a sleeper hit for me. I certainly wouldn't say it's for everyone and there are some obvious flaws that have been pointed out that I agree with. However, I have no regrets about picking this up - I love Pachinko and knew going into it that interaction would be limited. The use of RPG before Pachinko does lead to some misdirection that it would be the prominent genre though.

I would dearly love to see this expanded on. As others have said, different heroes with stats and equipment to gain that granted special skills. Maybe some NPCs you could collide with that would offer quests like killing a certain monster. I just have visions of a Peggle-style Heroes of Loot; having your hero bounce down winding labyrinths, seeing chests on alternate paths beyond your reach. Beyond visuals, it doesn't feel too much like an RPG.

A ranking system could be potentially easy to implement. Much like Endless Runners use where you earn stars towards a rank up by completing tasks like "Kill 50 monsters" or "Finish 5 runs". You could also keep the gold you accumulate and use it in an in-game shop to purchase costumes/heroes and new areas/themes. Anything to make it a little more substantial. Hopefully I don't sound insulting, I actually love the game, I just think it needs a few touches to appeal to the mass market. Pachinko is incredibly niche and even with the cheap entry price I don't know how many people will risk it.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:30 PM

Been playing on and off since Day 1 and i have to say, i really like this. Much love for the dev for doing it, looks really nice and it's a great time waster. I also dig the Daily aspect of it.
Hope this keeps getting attention from the dev, looks like he got some of the feedback and that was nice, most of it was leaning towards changing the spritis of the game anyway. I think it would be cool to implement more RPG stuff, as the name suggest that this is an RPG, but i honestly think that wasn't the intention. I think it succeded in what it tried to do.

Still, i too have some suggestions that i'd like to get out there of course. I think it would be nice to have one or two daily swipes. Let's say you just made the best run of the day but you looked like you're doomed to fall into the spikes, it would be cool to have one daily swipe so you can get to a chest and gamble for even more coins and points. Anyway that would be a neat little idea that might get more people in because it increases the interaction the player has while not really changing the spirit of the game.

Like i said already, props Arnold for this, hope to see more of you (and this little game) in the future!

PD: I just NEEDED to add that it has hands down one of my all-time favorite icons. Icons like this make me wish for an "Icon displayer" app where i could go in and make like a miny museum of all my favorite icons... at least to me, i don't know how many people are that into iOS icons but well, i've got games that were over 200 MB installed JUST because i loved the icons in my homepage, you could say i'm a fan.

Last edited by Rocka; 11-13-2014 at 02:33 PM..