Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Here it is:

YouTube: video
OMG, that is wonderful.

Metalcasket try this yet? How about you EP?

How does this stuff get by Apple?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Updating it now...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I contacted apple over this but they won't give me a refund.

Get this..

Because I had a refund in 2011!

That was when my iTunes account was hacked for gods sake, how does it relate to this? Idiots!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

How isnt this in the top 5 already? Lol joking, wow scam artists.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
OMG, that is wonderful.

Metalcasket try this yet? How about you EP?

How does this stuff get by Apple?
Heh, nah...obviously reeks of a scam. As for how it got past Apple's approving system? Well...lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I contacted apple over this but they won't give me a refund.

Get this..

Because I had a refund in 2011!

That was when my iTunes account was hacked for gods sake, how does it relate to this? Idiots!!
I've had 3 in the last year, I'd definitely try again and see if you get somebody sensible.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Never mind the heinous copyright infringements or fact that the screenshots don't match the game - Apple should have rejected this for being total bobbins.

Looking at the video (good work F34R for taking one for the team!) it looks like something I might have prototyped in a spare 25 minutes only to delete it while shuddering and immediately secure-empty the trash to ensure it never sees the light of day again.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I write about iOS games for a site here in Brazil and I'm posting a note about this piece of shit here.

Edit: Here it is, in case somebody feel like reading some portuguese: http://www.mundocanibalgames.com.br/...-na-app-store/

Last edited by amdreh; 04-16-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Yes. So that I could provide the video, etc. It was knocked down to .99. Honestly, it's nothing that I'll hurt over. However, at least more people will be able to see what the game is actually about, and maybe they can save that buck. .
Thanks for the service!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Wow. After seeing that video, I finally got to see how much of a scam the game is. Even one of the reviews had the nerve to say, it's your fault and that it did say simple arcade racer. Guess he didn't get the news that simple Arcade racer only says that it isn't a simulation, and there's good examples of those who look much more akin to the screenshots posted. (Hello, excellent arcade racer Forza Horizon)

I've seen less scammy screenshot practices with War Z, and that caused an entire Internet uproar. And while the text didn't specifically list features that weren't there, it used the most vague description to mean the game could look and play like almost anything imaginable. It still left only the screenshots as a way to see what the game could possibly play or look like.

He seems to also be doing the same with his other game. Moto Racer, of which it also is taking images, logo, and everything from THAT popular series. I would not be surprised, if it was the exact same engine and game, but replace static car images with static bike images.

The plagarized screenshots are probably the one point that actually would be a true illegal effort if he thought he actually found loopholes to legality in this practice. If he used non-plagarized images from another product, like faked images he created, he might have gotten a legal pass.

I'd almost be brought to wonder if even that simple engine was stolen from another person's project or example code and he threw different sprite graphics in it, by now. If he did code it, he could've easily taken a bit more time and maybe decided to go the retro route, since that is also popular. He'd probably make as much money without heavily tarnishing his name and credibility in the process. That is, if that isn't a fake identity with which he'd just remake himself for the next scam.

Last edited by Foiden; 04-17-2013 at 06:21 AM..