Breach & Clear - Coming Spring 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThePraetorian, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Producer/Community Manager
    Kentucky
    #1 ThePraetorian, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    [​IMG]
    www.breachandclear.com
    www.facebook.com/breachandclear
    www.twitter.com/BreachClearGame
    forum.breachandclear.com

Howdy all!

I'm Ben, and I'm a producer for Breach & Clear with Gun Media, as well as the game's community manager!

I'm here to talk to all of you about our game, as well as address any concerns or questions you might have.

We're quite stoked to be working with ex-Call of Duty Creative Strategist Robert Bowling as well as Mighty Rabbit Studios. The combined talent at this team has been an immense experience, and we hope that our game is something you all will enjoy.

Now that I have that out of the way, I want you guys to know that I'm here to be frank with you and to have a conversation with you about our game as well as tell you our approach and why we're going free to play.

I'm here for you guys, and I can't wait to show you more about this game.

Look forward to seeing you all around!

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    So judging by the pic,is this a tbs like xcom??

3. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    #3 ThePraetorian, Feb 14, 2013
    Hi Alister,

I can tell you that this game is a hybrid of the strategy and tactical genres. We've done something that is quite unique in play style. If you are a fan of those kinds of games, you'll feel right at home with ours. Seriously, it's quite an interesting little system we've come up with!

When it comes to gameplay of our title right now, we're keeping that close to the chest right I'm afraid. We want the reveal to be something special for everyone :D.

4. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wow that sounds awesome..Btw anytime you guys are ready to make a statement about your F2P model pls. do so,because a lot of people here will be curious about that,hehe..That includes me also ;)..

5. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    Directly from our Forums:

I hope that answers a few questions on why we chose free-to-play over traditional payment methods!

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Sold. Put in on Kickstarter and I`ll throwing money at you like there would be no tomorrow.

7. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    #7 PureRumble, Feb 14, 2013
    Deleted... Suddenly dont feel like arguing.

8. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    No need for Kickstarter my friend. We're launching Spring this year!

9. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Hi - just wanted to chime and say that everyone at Mighty Rabbit Studios is excited to be working on this game! Don't direct any questions at me because I totally won't answer anything. :cool:

10. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    This will probably be the only game I will ever like in this strategy type category, can't wait!

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    If its anything like the planing stages of the original rainbow 6 on pc then I'm sold.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    But would we actually have to play out the missions? Not too enthused about the faux twin sticks approach on iOS.

Hoping for a Full Spectrum Warrior interface...

13. Bassman97

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    Not trying to be greedy but will you beta testing the game?

14. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    As for the controls, without getting into gameplay or giving you any scheme or anything...I can tell you the control mechanisms feel completely natural to the game.

You will be quite happy with how you'll be taking charge on this one. It has always been a major consideration and hurdle for us, one we've put a lot of time into getting done correctly. You cannot believe the hours spent going over this stuff ;).

Extensive testing has been ongoing throughout development. We've kept things internal. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots......what was I talking about? Oh yeah. Playing. We've been doing a lot of internal testing.

We will however, let you know when you can play it ;).

15. Bassman97

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    Ok thanks, and for the quick reply. So exited!!!

16. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    What game engine are you using? Unreal Engine 3, Unity or custom built?

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Q: Which Games did inspire the team? I would guess titles like XCOM Enemy Unknown, Rainbow Six (Before Ubisoft!), Full Spectrum Warrior and Call of Duty but I would like to hear from the Team itself if there were any other titles that had an impact on how the hole Concept was worked out in the End?

Q: Since Free-to-Play (Freemium) is actually the future of Mobile Gaming even nobody wants to see it at the current point I would like to know if Breach & Clear was planned straight from the beginning already as an Free-to-Play Title or was it first an classic Pay-to-Play Title that was afterwards switched over to fit the current progress in the Mobile World?

Q: Unity3D & the UDK are running on every of the current and the two new upcoming Platforms and while this is said I see Gaming between the different (Mobile) Platforms actually really happening since everyone would profit in the longer run from it. Besides the used Engine I would like to know if there are currently any plans to expand the Breach & Clear Universe and it`s Multiplayer Modus to any other platforms?

Q: With Telltale Games last Years The Walking Dead proving that fantastic Storytelling doesn`t need Millions of Polygons on the Screen and that a Game can manage to catch you long enough to keep you playing it even if there are Months between each Episodes I would like to know if Breach & Clear is more like the Call of Duty Franchise where you get each Year a Story presented that is itself closed in it and only has loose Ends that are kept following in each new Game or is the Story build up like a TV Show similar to Lost or The Walking Dead where you get like one Hour Story Parts Mission that you can or have to play through to keep things going on and get new Teams/Equipment/Missions/...?!

Q: With currently only the Canadian: JTF2 as an Premium Unit announced I would like to know if there any plans to add more of those Premium Units like the French Legion Etrangere, the German GSG9, the British SAS or the Russian OMON to the Game in the upcoming future?

18. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    We'll announce that soon enough, but it's been a wonderful engine to work with this far. That announcement will come when we show the game off with in-game content.

We're inspired by a wide range of titles as gamers. Everything offers insight into what works, what doesn't work and how we can improve and tweak the hundreds of games that we have to think about when we're doing development. Personally, I'm a huge fan of shooter titles; FPS, third person...you name it. I also spend a lot of time with tactical games as well (there is a growing number of PC titles that have really piqued my interest). Most everyone on the team has a bevy of games in their library....it is quite stunning the amount of titles played within the team.

Specific titles, I'd like to refrain from if you don't mind. Just know that a lot of games were all inspiration to us ;). We'll be talking more about that when we reveal a bit more.

Breach & Clear was always an F2P title from the beginning. Is F2P the only future? Heck if I know. What we do believe in is doing a F2P model that doesn't detract from the game. Barriers, 'limit meters' and other prohibitve measures to restrict play were all considered, but we simply didn't see it with Breach & Clear.

There's a lot to work on with how this monetization method works. I know I'm looking forward to reading up on/listening to the F2P GDC talk in March.

That's for a later discussion at this time. Hope you understand!

Loved Walking Dead. Seriously.

But as for Breach & Clear? Again, I'll defer to when we get more content up. What I can say is that we've poured everything into making this a great game for about as many people as we possibly can!

JTF2 is currently the only premium unit offered, with three other units offered for free. What does content in the future hold? We'll find out soon enough. I'm sure many will be quite satisfied!

Time will tell everyone!

19. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Hhhmm,somehow thinking about the game gives me the shivers(in a good way)..With all the secrecy,I feel this game is going to be huge..I also have a funny feeling that this will be a part of a keynote address of some sort,hehe ;).
    Am I wrong to presume so??

20. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    Glad you like it and I'm very glad we're giving people a positive vibe over this game. There's a stigma to F2P titles. A lot of devs either restrict too much or they basically give everything away with an expectation for a return.

We've been following that closely, and we think the balance is agreeable for all of us!