Non Loading Gameloft Games - Black Screen - New Info

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dan4VT, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dan4VT

Dan4VT New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    So, I, along with apparently thousands of others out there, have had an issue with three Gameloft games not loading properly on my iTouch 64gb 3rd gen (w/ iPhone OS 3.1.3). I have several other Gameloft games that work, but Blades of Fury, Earthworm Jim, and Real Soccer 2010 will load up a black screen for about 20 seconds then go back to the home screen.

I emailed Gameloft and got the same crappy cut-and-paste answer as everyone else telling me to erase the game from my iTouch and my iTunes, restart my iTouch, then reinstall. This didn't work. I also restored my iTouch to factory settings and put a backed-up version without the games on them back on and then reinstall the games....still....no luck.

Finally, I decided to do some troubleshooting of my own in the following steps:

1) I restored factory settings and then installed JUST the three gameloft games giving me issues. They worked fine.
    2) I then added all 6 gigs of my apps. The Gameloft games still worked fine.
    3) I added over 3 gigs of video. The Gameloft games still worked fine.
    4) I added all 34 gigs of music. The Gameloft games still worked fine.......UNTIL I loaded up the music player and got the "Updating your Library, this may take a few minutes" screen. Once that was done and the music player showed all of my artists, playlists, etc THE GAMELOFT GAMES NO LONGER LOADED AND DID THE BLACKSCREEN FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN CRASHED PROBLEM.

So, for all of my fellow lamenting and frustrated-at-Gameloft-for-their-apparent-lack-of-a-fix-of-this-recurring-problem people out there, now we know where the issue comes from. Try this out also on your iPhones or iTouches and and reply to this thread to let Gameloft see where their issue comes from!!

Gameloft, please address this issue for the thousands of us out here. We love your games, but NOT your lack of care or concern for thousands of us that have this issue. If you are working on a solution, tell us rather than giving us a cut-and-paste answer about restoring factory settings or rebooting our iPhones or iPods without the games installed. Thanks for your help (I hope) in this!

2. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
  3. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    I've emailed Gameloft about problems with their games too. Last one I did was with a control issue with Nova, never wrote me back, and was never fixed. Gameloft may make some nice games, but after their horrible iPad HD versions and refusal to fissues with games, im no longer buying anymore Gameloft games.

I wish there was an "ignore developer" button on the AppStore.