Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Weed Farmer by The Grow Brothers was specifically about growing marijuana. It doesn't discuss selling weed in the app description but having played it you do sell your harvest in exchange for $ so you buy fertiliser and upgrade your growing equipment. It's still available on the App Store. It was released April 2013.

I also assumed your other game was probably a Flappy clone but now I know it's not I'm going to check it out

Edit : Looks like 'Yet Another Bird Game' is not available in my region (UK). Oh well.

Last edited by bigred447uk; 05-08-2014 at 12:44 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I don't think your app is in violation of that rule at all - unless there's some country where it's illegal to play a game themed around selling drugs. If there is such a country then you could just exclude your game from that country.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:17 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Weed Farmer by The Grow Brothers was specifically about growing marijuana. It doesn't discuss selling weed in the app description but having played it you do sell your harvest in exchange for $ so you buy fertiliser and upgrade your growing equipment. It's still available on the App Store. It was released April 2013.

I also assumed your other game was probably a Flappy clone but now I know it's not I'm going to check it out

Edit : Looks like 'Yet Another Bird Game' is not available in my region (UK). Oh well.
It's available in all regions, but you probably have a tablet, and its a phone only game.

We are updating the game very soon to be compatible with all devices and I'll be sure to let you know

About Weed Farmers, I am guessing someone mentioned earlier about how it may depend from reviewer to reviewer as well. The funny thing is, that when you set the rating for your app you also have to mention how frequent the reference to drug, alcohol and tobacco your app has. Setting it to frequent (which we did) was what got us a 17+ rating. IMO, that should have taken care of the matter but it didn't.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I don't think your app is in violation of that rule at all - unless there's some country where it's illegal to play a game themed around selling drugs. If there is such a country then you could just exclude your game from that country.
As soon as an app gets a 17+ rating, it automatically gets restricted from 8-10 markets which do not allow the kind of content that gets you a 17+ rating.

A lot of people also pointed out that there is a world of difference between our game and GTA: CW. I am not advocating an idealistic policy, but I do believe that it should be consistent.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

It's an unwise step to go public that may lead to a real game ban.

You should've made changes, re-submit and repeat until it's approved instead.

But don't be warried much about it - the game wouldn't become a hit anyway.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It's probably more productive to figure out what's different between an accepted and rejected game rather than moan and console each other over what's the same about them.

Or just go on making smart ass comments about double standards and talk about stuff like how God of War is a hentai game like you can't comprehend the difference.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

And why are you stating a BS like this:

Quote:
# No. 1 game on every Store in every country on every planet in every solar system of the Andromeda Galaxy
Your game is not on top charts (of any country).

This isn't funny.

Last edited by Happybyte; 05-08-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 12:42 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

^
Strange. I thought the joke was rather obvious.