On Developers Submitting Games to TouchArcade

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Sep 17, 2008.

1. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

May already know this, but if not it looks like the email may be bouncing again.

<[email protected]> (expanded from <[email protected]>): can't
    create user output file. Command output: procmail: Quota exceeded while
    writing
    ...etc...

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Oops, that's my fault. Should be fixed.

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Actually it depends on which time zone you're in :p

As of this post it's 8:37 pm Sunday night here on the east coast.

4. eripmav

eripmav Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi Arn/TA Staff:)

I've tried emailing you a few times over the last month, but I've had no reply at all. Totally understand that you guys are busy as anything but I wondered if it'd speed up the process by asking directly on here?

Would you like to review Spooky Spirits: Puzzle Drop!! ? I'm more than happy to supply a code for review and a couple for a giveaway?

5. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    New Genre of Music game

Hi Arne you mentioned that for Puzzle games in particular there would be almost no way to get your attention, but I have a game thats a totally new concept of Music Puzzle and yes it's cheap but it's a totally new Genre where you work with your own music library. You actually work with your songs...

How do I get you to notice it?
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-puzzle/id341210579?mt=8

We spent a great deal of time looking for a relevant concept for the iphone and found some new stuff in the 3.0 options. We are the first to do stuff like this and even though we start small we have big ideas about how to grow from this concept. There have been some nice discussions about our app on the threads and the pointers we have gotten are all in development so I think if your a music lover like us you might enjoy the little cleverness in the app.

Would there be anyone special who cover music apps, that we might contact?

Any pointers on how to get noticed in the sea of apps?

6. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    TouchArcade seems to be the the most, if not only notable iphone gaming preview website and there's none that I know out there that compare. How can you keep up with gaming previews if developers are exponentially increasing everyday and try to get in touch with you for exposure?

7. HFoG

HFoG Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Email seems to be bouncing again.

Sending from my yahoo email account generated the following message:
    Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 Filter Rule 16 - Global REJECT Filter Macro 11252

8. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Can you forward the complete bounce message to [email protected]

thanks
    arn

9. xenonii

xenonii Active Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Malta
    Same problem... email rejected

I have tried from different email addresses for the last week. It's still rejected

"The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 Filter Rule 16 - Global REJECT Filter Macro 11252 (state 18)."

10. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    I've try several time to contact TA about our games but we didn't have any feedback.

11. NemoidStudio

NemoidStudio Well-Known Member

#31 NemoidStudio, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    Email delivery failure

Hey,

We just tried to send an e-mail to [email protected] but got an error message

Seems like a spamming issue, but it used to work so it may not only be a problem on my side.

The help from the Google link does not seem very relevant as I am not a Google Apps user (are you?) but from the bounce error message details I can read there may be something wrong with the SPF record of my domain name:

I'll try to make some adjustments on my DNS and try again but please let me know if you have any info on this problem and if you finally get our e-mail.

Thanks.

UPDATE
    What I did is to add spamh.com as a ptr mechanism in my SPF record. Although I'm not sure I have to do such a thing it did the trick:

BUT that did not help having our mail delivered. We still got the same error message. I don't know where to search now...

12. som technology

som technology Active Member

All right we'll send an email :)

13. davidchris

davidchris New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Hello all,

I am new to toucharcade but I must say that I am enjoying the community. Hope to learn new things here.

14. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    welcome :)

15. TheGreatWhiteApe

TheGreatWhiteApe Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Games Designer, animator, writer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for the criteria, really interesting to read. I hadn't considered that price was considered but it makes sense. So many apps out there don't know how you guys keep up at all. Love to know how many submissions you guys get a day, is is dozens or hundreds?

16. Robofruit Games

Robofruit Games New Member

The format of Apps appearing in the threads??

I appologise if this is not the right place to pose this question, but I am new to touch arcade and to the forum particularly.

I was trying to add a thread/ post to the Games for ipad and the Games for Iphone/ Ipod Touch forum discussions so that I could add my recent game Bad Dog.
    I noticed that the presentation of the app in the thread, with the icon, the screen prints, description and voting functions along with youtube embedded movies all follow what appear to be the same template.

However, upon trying to create my own submission, the form I was presented with did not appear to be formatted in the same way that might achieve that templated output..

Am I missing something?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Neil

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Bad Dog

Feed the Bad Dog and fart your way high into the sky, aim for the blissfully unaware cats below and deliver your special…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Feed the Bad Dog and fart your way high into the sky, aim for the blissfully unaware cats below and deliver your special Bad Dog parcel (a POO!) to them. Splat all the cats in each level to progress through 4 entire worlds, spanning across the Beach, the Park, the City and Snow Mountain in a bid to clear those cheerful cats.

Unlock special foods throughout each world to give Bad Dog a new, unique way of splatting his enemies.

Feed. Fart. Fire - it's time to poo on those cats!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Aug 27, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

18. Robofruit Games

Robofruit Games New Member

Thanks Sanuku

thank you very much Sanuku, I really do appreciate the help.

Kindest regards

Neil

19. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    #39 BitStern, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  20. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

how to have a game in the list on Wednesdays?

Hello,

I'm a developer and my game is nearly ready for release. I would love to have it listed among the weekly games that you put out on Wednesdays, for games that release on Thursdays. How would I do that? It cannot be the same procedure as sending the app for review at the tips email, since the apps have yet to be released, so I'm curious about what I need to do.

Thanks!
    Bob Sabiston