The Ultimate Guide To Mobile App Marketing

05-22-2013, 10:55 PM
"A well-designed microsite with basic information about your upcoming application is a must have."

Is this really true? Sure, it looks professional, but I'm not convinced it is worth the cost. It doesn't seem like there is anything you can do with a microsite that you can't with a blog, including email marketing. Am I wrong?
05-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Side Software View Post
"A well-designed microsite with basic information about your upcoming application is a must have."

Is this really true? Sure, it looks professional, but I'm not convinced it is worth the cost. It doesn't seem like there is anything you can do with a microsite that you can't with a blog, including email marketing. Am I wrong?
In my opinion, it is a must have. However, if you have limited budget, a simple Wordpress blog with some static pages can also do the job. The point is to have some place, where you can send your traffic from other blogs, emails, forums, etc.

The best solution in my eyes is vice-versa case, when you have proper microsite like www.mygame.com and then a blog/news platform on blog.mygame.com or www.mygame.com/blog.