Good free games that aren't "freemium"?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Looking for qualify free games that aren't lite versions or make you hit a pay wall. Games like this are rare and hard to find

Prefer platformers or runners, especially something parkour-inspired. Preferably with levels rather than endless. Or even more unique or under-the-radar indie game

2. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I know these aren't free but 2 that I love are wipeout and true skate. You are never pressured to buy anything, they are totally free in game, and will take hours and hours of fun to even come close to finishing.

P.s. if you have a jailbreak, you need to get imame4all... It's amazing.

3. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Allied Star Police is the result of a young boy's imagination, the Make a Wish Foundation, and one of the coolest things Popcap Games has ever done. It's a must download in the genre of Plants vs Zombies. Free, of course.

Monster RPG 2 is a very content rich Rpg in the vein of FfIV. It's pretty rough around the edges, but has more character than all the Gamevil efforts put together.

Super Soviet Missile Mastar is free, and a favorite of mine - a variation on the endless runner.

Marathon 1, 2, and 3 are all free, ports of an early fps of the Doom era.

Traal is an indie experiment - almost roguelike.

This is all I can think of right now.

4. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Real racing 3

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    RR3 is definitely freemium.

6. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Bronxsta

Any other games? Or upcoming games?

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can't think of any off the top of my head. You're probably better off watching this forum for games that drop to free for limited periods rather than permanently free games.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  10. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Try the free version of Vector. You may end up wanting to buy it.

11. Bronxsta

Already have Vector, feel in love with the Facebook version, had to have the mobile version

12. lotdn

lotdn Member

Feb 10, 2013
    The Silent Age

It's kind of shocking that a game of this quality can be free. No ads. No in-app purchases. No strings attached. However, the devs are relying on donations to support development of further episodes.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    An RPG... Complete with story line, chardev system, turn based battles, and a sort of party collection... Is totally free, and there are no IAPs whatsoever.

One of the ultra rare games that are full games, free, and no IAPs.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Another one... An RPG/defense game hybrid... Elements Defender. The free version is the game's FULL version. The difference with the paid version is the bonus premium currency that comes with it.

15. lotdn

lotdn Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Looks like Elements Defender now has IAPs, both free and full versions. Btw, what's the name of the first RPG you mentioned?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It has IAPs, but totally unnecessary. Most of us who played the game and in the game's main thread didnt use any IAPs. I did have the paid version, but i was saving them for what i thought were endgame weapons, only to find out, the best ones are only found in chest in post game.

The other game is called TUNNEL TAIL. I thought i had it typed out up top... My bad.

17. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    And there it is Underworld. Turn-based rpg dungeon crawler with a group of four heroes - very nice game!!!

18. Into the Dead

The worst this game has is pop up ads, but you usually see it coming, so you shouldn't accidentally tap the ad and open up the App Store or anything like that. Reccomended.

I'll come back if I think of anymore.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Undercroft.