★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you buy premium games or no?

05-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan Fox View Post
Why yes, yes indeed, just bought Chroma squad as it happens.
What's your take on Chroma Squad? I've been thinking about getting it. Do you think it's worth the asking price?
Cheers

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
05-20-2017, 08:27 PM
Pretty much works out that basically all of my games are premium. It's not even that I snob freemium off, it's just that regardless of even seeing the purchase tag, it tends to be that (99.9%) premium is the type of game I play. For instance, XCOM, binding of Isaac, KOTOR, steam world heist, dream quest, list goes on and on, but all of those are devoid of any cheapening gold,crystals, or gems. All are just pure quality and well evidently that's the essence of "premium" games.

05-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Premium all the way!
05-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Yes, whenever possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-22-2017, 02:09 PM
i don't even know what premium means any more.
05-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
i don't even know what premium means any more.
I too would like a clarification.

Does it mean buy to play, where you'll never actually have to buy almost anything? If so, then yeah, I'm almost entirely premium. Love my Bully, and Djinn Caster. It's real fun stuff!

I also like how premium games often become completely free for a limited time, and they're yours to keep as long as you download them within the limited time. It's 💩💩💩💩ing awesome! still play Silver bullet and Dungeon Runners.
05-24-2017, 03:57 AM
I do !

I do buy premium games
We are also creating video games for kids, so premium games are usually the norm. Well, usually, as more and more developers of apps for kids are also trying "new" business models like iAP or ads.
Looks like parents are not disturbed anymore by ads in games for kids...