in app purchase screenshoot with consumable?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by baptiste, Jul 23, 2012.

1. baptiste

baptiste Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Hi everyone

I have in app purchase in my game, and i see that apple ask screenshot for review for each in app product.

In iTunes Connect Developer Guide we can read:
    "The screenshot should be a clear picture of your in app purchase in action.."
    but what screenshot i have to upload if my in app product are coins?
    If player buy one 2000 coins pack, there is not direct effect in the game.
    So what i have to do?

I'm sure some of you are already implement into their games some pack of coins. What was then your uploaded image?

thank you

Baptiste

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

make a screenshot of your "counter".. somewhere you display your currency.. and what you can "buy" with it.. your "shop"

3. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    I'm always using a screenshot of store kit purchase dialog itself on top of the game screen where it says "do you want to buy one..." with the sandbox tag on it... That's what "in action" means, well, for me at least...

4. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    Thank you baptiste for bringing this question up and thank you to the guys who provided clarification!

We just submitted our binary to Apple yesterday evening and I originally provided screenshots showing just the purchase menu for these consumables. I've gone back and updated with better context sensitive screenshots showing the usage of our consumables.

Thank goodness one can still edit and update these screenshots while "Waiting for Review".

DP

5. baptiste

baptiste Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Ok thank you everyone!

6. sinuous

sinuous Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Lead Mobile Developer
    UK
    This has always worked for me.

7. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I'm getting to this stage soon and had a follow-up question: Do you provide just the In-App Purchase dialogue ("Confirm your In-App Purchase" / "Do you want to buy [x] for $[price]?") in the sandbox environment, or do you also show the completed purchase dialogue ("Purchase Complete" / "You have bought [x]"), or something else?

Are multiple screen shot uploads even allowed?

Thanks in advance to everyone for clarifying.

8. ReignDesign

ReignDesign Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    One

Just a single screenshot should be fine. I've never heard of anyone having any issues with the IAP screenshots. They are just for Apple's reference.

9. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I've always just taken screenshots of the store that player's can buy the IAP from.

I guessed that they want to see that the player will know what they are committing to by pressing the buy button.