★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Edge.. no love on itunes credit back?

07-28-2009, 05:49 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Edge.. no love on itunes credit back?

Hey all, so I purchased Edge quite a while ago, since then I have upgraded to every iphone (2g->3g->3gs). I just recently got the 3GS and was re-dling all my apps since my pc hd crapped out (have to get all apps back in itunes) and noticed Edge is not on the store again. I know this is not mobigames fault but most of the time I have owned this game it usually is not in the store.

Here is my problem. I contacted apple requesting a refund on the app being that I can not download it to my new iphone. Apple replied back saying too bad basically and told me to refer to the terms and conditions. Has anyone had any luck getting a refund on this game because it's not like we get a hard copy of the game on cd or anything so why should we be SOL if the game is taken off itunes.

I'm not mad about the money i'm out but more the principal as I have spent ridiculous amounts on apps and feel it shouldn't be a big hassle for apple to refund itunes credits for this since I would put it right back to buy another app.
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
Did you go to your history, and use the report a problem button for the Edge purchase?

back

07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Yeahp, I went back in my purchase history and sent the message from that specific time
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 5,934
Havn't had this problem, but that is Bullshit. I know their policies will state against it, and you'd be a fool to try and fight it. They won't change thier mind man. They just wont...

The only time they ever refunded me was for double charging a CD I purchased. And they refunded it back in like 2 days. But never had an app issue really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.

Last edited by Booch138; 07-28-2009 at 05:57 PM.
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
Do the selection "Inadvertantly purchased" or something. They think you bought it accidentally, even when I wrote they charged me twice on a game, but they'll refund you most likely.

back
07-28-2009, 06:35 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboyjosh View Post
I'm not mad about the money i'm out but more the principal as I have spent ridiculous amounts on apps and feel it shouldn't be a big hassle for apple to refund itunes credits for this since I would put it right back to buy another app.
Did you get to play the game? Did you enjoy it? If so, it's not clear to me why you think that you are owed a refund. Not to be harsh, but it was your hard drive that crashed; you should have kept a back-up. Why do you think that Apple and Mobigame should be held accountable for a loss that is your responsibility?
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,833
I understand about the backup, but if you played a game for a couple of years, and your HD went out, and they don't carry it any more, why should they refund you. Hell, I've spend lots of money on DVDs that got DVD rot, and the stores, or the companies don't refund for that...

Refunds are not lifetime guantees - if you want that, spend lots of money on insurance for everything - then you can get refunds, otherwise - stuff happens, and learn to deal...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Did you get to play the game? Did you enjoy it? If so, it's not clear to me why you think that you are owed a refund. Not to be harsh, but it was your hard drive that crashed; you should have kept a back-up. Why do you think that Apple and Mobigame should be held accountable for a loss that is your responsibility?
Because the game seems to mindlessly appear on and off the App store.

It is his fault, and like I said just give up you arn't going to be able to win anything from it unfortunately. But that doesn't mean it's not bullshit.

Digital distribution ftl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
Oh I didn't read that he had it for a while

I was under the impression he never played it =/

back
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Oh I didn't read that he had it for a while

I was under the impression he never played it =/
... exactly how did you expect him to get credit back for a game he never had? I'm curious, Bat.