Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyjen View Post
We are thinking about whether to do content updates and in what form. Once I have something more definite, I will post it here.
This game is awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Tengami is very difficult. I am stuck after hardly a few screens. First adventure game where I hit a brick wall so early in the game...
Old 07-09-2014, 12:16 PM

Found this to be quite good. Only an hour or so gameplay though, so quite short.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just finished Tengami. It was one of the more beautiful things I've ever played. I don't know that it was one of the most fun, but it was alright. But, like I said, very beautiful. As far as experiences go, I will walk away feeling positive.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:08 AM

Bought this game a while back but did not get a chance to play it until now.

There is no doubt that the strong element of this game is its visual aesthetics. To this end, the developer deserves a lot of credits for making an engine that can render the pop-up effects so seamlessly and so fluidly. I can easily imagine each scene existing in real life in a real pop-up book that can fold and unfold just like in the game. Along with a beautifully scored soundtrack, the game is filled to the brim with atmosphere.

Unfortunately, the Achilles' heel in this game is its paper-thin puzzles (pardon the pun). The puzzles are sparse in number in a game that is already too short in length. I also found all of the puzzles to be trivially simple. As well, I am puzzled by the decision of the developer to use the last puzzle to turn this game into a hidden object game hunting for hidden symbols. This puzzle and a similar puzzle shortly before it simply do not fit into the intended tone of the game, particularly when they are contrasted against puzzles that succeed in truly leveraging the folding mechanics such as the two puzzles in which you need to choose the correct folds to form a climbable path. In all, the lack of satisfying puzzle play is a real missed opportunity for a game that is trying to make a great effort to experiment with novel and interesting mechanics.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 08-17-2014 at 03:14 AM..