Universal The Sandbox - Pixel Art World Creator

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, May 14, 2012.

1. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I was stuck on that one for awhile too. It seems to be picky about the pattern in which it burns. I got it to work just by dropping lava on the top until the rock got turning into lava on its own.

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks for the help, glad to know I'm not the only one :eek:

3. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I got the volcano to erupt but it never gave me the goal...finally had to break down and buy the lava in order for it to work. I guess "by any means possible" really means "pour lava all over it".

4. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I hate to say it but the next mission isn't much better, I think you have to buy the water coolant... This does feel like an IAP trap to me but wouldn't begrudge other people having a go and enjoying it.... I just think it's too buggy and you have to spend real money to get it to work properly...

I would feel good spending lots of money on a game that is made well but right now it's feeling like a slog, I'm sorry to say as it does have massive potential.

5. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It's out finally!

I've been testing this A LOT!
    Just beat it again in less then 30 min and 6000 mana to spare.
    I LOVE IT!

No need for IAP, just don't buy what you don't need, for instance DON'T buy sand and mud after the first level no matter how cheap it is. Then we will have enough for the light bulb down the line. I grinded a bit in free play mode with the water to get some mana and that's ALL! I only got mixed up in 13 (again) and 24 is still a bit buggy..
    because when I fill the correct elements it passes it with out the need to turn on electricity.

I think all elements can be obtained by grinding enough although I don't like all of them like that weird music one.

as for the Volcono, NO LAVA Purchase IS NEEDED!
    burn the trees on the sides with fire, then pour some rocks, slowly to make lava. Erase your way to the ashes and Voila! Pour some water on the lava to boil them of course..

I mostly love the lava, water,acid, I like to make acid rain then burn the ground with it, Multi can be fun as well :)

Bulkypix+PIXOWL ROCKS! Please update it soon, we need more levels!:p

6. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yes, I'm stuck there too, I don't have enough mana to buy the coolant or the ice...I wouldn't have bought the lava in level 11 had I known it wasn't needed.
    Beelzebub23 thanks for the tip...
    I hollowed out a portion of the stone in the volcano, added oil and fire and the stone eventually turned to lava and erupted out the top...this wasn't enough to meet the goal I guess. Tried the trees too but I was never able to get that to work either.

7. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    #47 beelzebub23, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    That's great!
    I just tried it again and I think it's perfected now, STILL WITHOUT USING THE LAVA ELEMENT:
    select number 3 brush size then choose picaxe. Dig from the left or right trees on to the ashses in the volcano. erase the part near the trees, burn them with fire and after a second or two pour a few rocks (If you're already number 3 brush then 1 click will do above the trees). the lava start to flow in the tunnel you dug. when the lava reaches close to the ashes zoom in and earse the wall near the ashes, then the lava should hit the ashes and start a chain reaction erupting the volcano.

If all else fail I will upload a pic but it'll be quite a spoiler... :(
    So maybe I'll just send the pic to anyone asking or put the link in the spoiler zone.

I know it's corny but just think outside the box, I've spent like 2 days on this on level it was great when I finally beat it! :)

and no the next level doesn't require heater,
    I beat it only with the cooler, that's what the temperature is for ;)

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damn... was REALLY hoping this would be Universal...

I guess with the graphics, it won't be TOO bad in 2X mode... but... damn... oh well. =oP

9. jgynwa11

jgynwa11 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Full-time iPhone Gamer
    Bought some stuff that I didn't need and now I'm stuck cause I can't afford to get the virus.

Meh. Delete.

10. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    stuck on 13, any help?

11. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    At which part?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Not exactly "forced". You get mana for achieving each of the trophies in the free mode. I didn't have enough mana to unlock the bulb, but I played the free mode a bit and got an achievement which gave me mana. I think I've read somewhere that you don't need to buy mana to unlock everything. What you possibly need to do to unlock everything for free is play A LOT.

I'm enjoying the game at the moment, but I've had it crash several times. I think it's due to the log in of Game Center and the hot swapping of apps, but I'm not sure though.

13. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Level 24 is killing me. What do you put in each container? I know you put
    sand in the first, trees in the third, and gas in the fourth. What about the second?

14. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Stuck on 13 any tips?

15. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    you put:
    steam in it

for those stuggeling with 13:

Which part? there are 2:
    1. The ones with distillation water - put heater on left cooler and right water in both and power it with electric.

2. Melt snow - Turn weather system on and when you get clouds add steam for more clouds, put lava or heater beneath it and cool the clouds with the cooler. Yes, build the cooler all the way up to the clouds, just add it from the working one you use the water with.

16. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Seriously?
    You need an internet connection?
    I hate games you can't play without internet connection.

17. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    You don't need an internet connection to play.

18. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yes you do. well, for the initial log in anyways..

19. xPEACEMAKERx

xPEACEMAKERx Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    West Coast
    I read a few posts here and was a bit worried that it was going to be full of consumable IAP *ack* but figured it was free so what the heck. Then I saw how much it cost to unlock all the elements in the game so I figured I'd plow through what I could and delete it once I hit the IAP wall. I'm on Day 23 with 5650 points left. I'm not exactly sure when this wall is supposed to come because from what I can tell there are only 30 days worth of missions.

I've only bought what elements I've had to so far and have more than enough to be pretty fun in the sandbox mode too. I still have 15 elements that I have yet to buy but am going to be pretty picky. Most of what isn't bought yet is kind of useless anyhow. Great game with lots of potential.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's a "special deal" IAP which gives you the 30 basic elements. Does anyone know if this is a one-time IAP or if you have to buy it on every device you install the game? My wife and I have an iPhone, and I don't want to buy that IAP twice.