TouchArcade app on the Google Play Store?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by jar0d, Mar 9, 2013.

1. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Hi TA -
    I know this side is dedicated to iOS touchscreen gaming and I am a huge fan of your side for years. I play games on touchscreen since I got my iPhone 2G five years ago.

However my primery device is an iPad for about one and a half year now. Since I got my iPad I barely play on my former iPhone 4 anymore. I recently switched to a Google Nexus 4 but of course I stick to the iPad / iOS for gaming.

Long story short. Are there any plans to release the touch arcade app on the Google Play Store? The App is awesome and going back to the "normal" side on a mobile is a pain the ass. ;)

2. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Wow. > 2500 views and no single reply. Perhaps I should start a poll ;)

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Your side, other side, normal side? What's that supposed to mean? Are we at war?

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Side?
    Don't know what you mean. I just wish there would be a touch arcade app for android. That's all.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If Touch Arcade is implementing more Android coverage a Google Play app is a good idea. It would seem to make sense in terms of marketing by bringing more Android users to the forums and putting TA in a more competative position if they want to seriously tackle Andriod devices.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The TouchArcade app largely works off a lot of the behind the scenes magic that makes AppShopper work. There is no Android AppShopper, which would need to come first. :)