Universal The Curse of Shadow House (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hidden Treasure Games, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Tobiachi

Tobiachi Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Game Impressions

Bought the game and installed it on an Ipad 4.

First time the statue head disappeared from my inventory so I reset and tried again.
    This time the I was a bit fast on using the metal string in the sink (since I already been trough it previously) and it disappeared as well meaning that I couldn't continue.

Will install it on the Iphone and see if the same thing occurs there.

Looks really good but getting worried of proceeding if it's a gamble with the inventory and you have to start from scratch every time (and not knowing if your inventory will stay put or not).

2. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    #22 Hidden Treasure Games, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    Tobiachi- Thank you for posting your issues. I've been working hard to fix this bug. An update went live last night in the appstore which *should* have solved this problem. It fixed it in many situations, but there are two instances where it could happen again until the new update is posted. The first is if you end the game from running in the background after collecting the very first key, but before getting the jewel. The second is when you open the door in the armor room and end the game, and close it from running in the background without collecting another item. I've made some mistakes in launching before it was ready, a rookie mistake. I apopligize to anyone has experienced any of these bugs. I am constantly working to make this the best game I can. Eric

3. Tobiachi

Tobiachi Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Hi Eric
    Don't know what version I have but I downloaded it today.
    The problems I've experienced doesn't sound like what you describe. Certain items would disappear when you tried to use them (trial and error resulting in item being lost permanently without recovery)

I've tried it on the Iphone 5 and it's been fine (didn't encounter the issues you described).
    Haven't lost any items and everything's been fine so far.

Not a developer so can't be of aid with the bugs but one thing I did notice is that the all the empty boxes (inventory) on the Iphone has got a red pattern while it's black blocks on the Ipad.

I'd say the game is well worth the price. Great little puzzle's and good story line so far so I do recommend it but use it on the Iphone only for now.

Now back to 9,11,14,18.

4. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    #24 Hidden Treasure Games, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Thanks Tobiachi. After extensive scouring of my code, I have identified the problems. I have addressed the block box issue on the mini, and I've discovered the root of the disappearing item glicth. Currently, you won't experience it if you play the game straight through without closing it from running in the background, but if it get's closed completely and restarted later, that's what causes the issue. Some of my "save table" logic wasn't firing correctly. Have fixed and re-submitted. Update is just pending Apple review now. Been taking them about 4 days lately. I really do appreciate the compliments. Like I said before, this game means a lot to me and I appreciate the support. I look forward to finally having a bug free version for everyone in the near future, and thanks for forgiving my rookie mistakes of not having tested well enough. I have learned that people play it completely differently everytime. All I can say is QA teams are way under appreciated. ;)

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Dude, thanks for putting all this extra effort into ironing out those kinks. I was honestly surprised as hell to find that first update out as soon as it was and I'm glad Apple have been good to you. :)

6. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Dude. This game is everything to me right now, and I want people to love it. I really don't care about haters, but if it's broken, that's a different story. I'm proud of what I do and If I drop the ball, I pick it back up ASAP. Rookie mistakes and taking notes for next time.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I see that the Dev is very active in fixing bugs etc..
    I've hit the buy button, just for that..
    Looking forward to playing this game :)

8. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Thank you for that!This is MY game. Not a contract project or something just to make a buck. I'm personally vested and have some cool new content I want to add once we have no more issues. ;) I do hope you enjoy it!

9. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I bought the game as well, and I am happy to support the developer. It s always a genuine pleasure seeing a developer checking into the forums regularly to let us know that he cares, and this game really does look to be a labour of love.

10. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    This looks awesome! Pressing buy as fast as I can!

11. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it! Excited to get the next update to you. Curious as to your thoughts on the music?

12. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Down for a few days

Hey everybody, first, thank you for the support. I just want to let everybody know that I pulled the game while the next update is currently being reviewed by Apple. I really don't want to frustrate anyone and I want to provide the best experience possible. Thanks for enduring my game dev growing pains! You all rock!

Next update is with Apple and will go live as soon as they approve it.

Thanks everyone!!!

Eric

13. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Can't wait until it goes live again. I'll definately be checking it out! :)

14. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Thanks Kevin! I can't wait either. My son and I have been testing all day and I'm very happy to get this update out. Should finally put an end to the frustrating bug that's been plaguing it. I'll be sure to post here as soon as it's back up! :eek: Thanks!!!

15. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Game is back up

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that the game is back up and patched. I'll always be working to make sure it plays as it should. Feel free to message me if you have issues or get stuck ;) Thanks!

16. Tobiachi

Tobiachi Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Will have another go at it tonight...

great little game and been looking forward to this update.

17. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Thanks Tobiachi.

Just a little reminder, You will need to reset the game after downloading the update. :)

18. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Thanks to everyone who purchased the game! I have some more content and little tweaks/edits coming soon. Great community here, guys and gals. Anybody get the ho-ho-ho achievement? ;)

19. Hidden Treasure Games

Aug 17, 2012
    Independant game maker
    Bartlett
    Promo codes for my game.

Hey Guys!

Well it's been 2 months, had a few updates and doing pretty good. Lots of good feedback, fixed a bunch of things that were bothering me, and I'm pretty proud of what I was able to create by myself.

Here's a few promo codes for everybody.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curse-shadow-house-point-click/id680862241?mt=8

9XLE9XPERN6R
    7PFKAFM9TTRP
    LPX7RE3ALKKK
    KJW3P7YYRR7W
    X7MTEML3F4LL

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thank you for 7PFKAFM9TTRP (second code).