Universal Kinetic Damage (by Benjamin Marchand)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 5, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I really don't care either way, so long as there's a way to get rid of ads. If it brings the game up in the charts and gets more players, it can only benefit everyone. Hopefully more support, more online players, ect...

I just hope it's still being worked on...

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ayah.
    Wonder if Ben will adress it here.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If it goes ad supported, then I hope there's a way for people like us that have supported this with our money to get rid of ads. If not, I guess I won't update the app. I have plenty of games that I play online, so that would not even really entice me to "upgrade" to an ad-supported version.

4. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #624 KineticDamage, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Dear fellow Toucharcaders, (and must I say most beloved supporters <3),

First, sorry for the long delay before answering, I'm actually being timesucked by my dayjob, which leaves me less and less time for upgrades. That being said :

- If an ad-supported version would come to iOS, I definitely won't force it to already paid versions. I don't want any shady practice in KineticDamage, as paid versions already supported the game's development anyway, and I'm very grateful for that. Actually the transition from Paid to new Ad-free version would be tricky, because they would be 2 different apps, one having to communicate with the other that it doesn't need ads. I'll find a way through, though.

- I submitted yesterday the long due upgrade for iOS Game Controller support, some minor bug fixes, and also cranked up the AI difficulty a bit. Basically the higher the AI level is, the more strength, vitality, and resistance the char will have. This also works for partners, which will make them more valuable. After some extensive tests, CPU opponents are definitely more challenging, more interesting (even from Intermediate level).

- About KineticDamage's future : I'm not giving up about multiplayer. It would be a waste as the netcode is 99% already implemented. So I'm entering a phase where I'll approach different studios to find if there could be any kind of potential collaborations for putting KD to higher grounds, multiplayer included. First one has been Ubisoft.

Other plans are too vague or unsure to be shared here, but I'm maturing a lot of different options.

Once again thank you for your incredible support guys, you're the reason why such independant projects exist.

Best regards,
    Ben

5. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to checking out the new version! And good luck with getting your plans to fruition.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    AHHHHH!!! The update's live!!!!!!

7. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Ben,

No worries. Keep up the good work.

Also, did you play the new EA Sports UFC? (It reminds of Kinetic Damage as far as your health being your stamina*energy*)

I wish you success with your Ubisoft endeavor. FYI: Microsoft & Sony both have that indie developer thing going on - if you want to pump out content for they're systems. I would LOVE to play KD on my Xbox One and my 80' TV!

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Release. A. Seperate. Version.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you so so so much for the update! The game plays GREAT on my MOGA!! Thank you so much for letting us set up the button configuration. Also having the on-screen controls invisible, the gameplay area looks so much better, it's great having all that extra screen space, especially in a fighting game. The pause button doesn't pause the game though, and menus are still tap navigate only (for anyone wondering), but the gameplay is great.

The AI bump is also awesome. Pre-update I was just about able to beat the 250 characters in the sparring section around 75% of the time. But now... I'm about that with the 200's, and around 10% vs. the 250's. It's nice knowing I've still got quite a bit of improvement to go. Dunno if I'll ever be able to hit around 80% @ 250, but... I can hope. =oP

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I kinda agree here.
    In the very least, an ad removal IAP please.

11. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    #631 KineticDamage, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    You don't have to worry about having ads in your paid version, my friend ;)

Thank you Odion ! I read a lot of UFC reviews, looked very neat, but now you got me interested !
    And I'll definitely try a lot of studios :)

Thank you Syntheticvoid for your feedback, much appreciated ! If you feel the AI is still not challenging enough, I could find a way to insert some kind of hidden "hardcore" mode :D I'll keep an eye on players feedback, as always.

12. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    I finally spotted the problem, and it's now completely fixed :)
    Will push the fix in a mini-update this weekend.

13. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Does this still work on iOS 8?
    Wanna know before taking a risk at upgrading.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    i4S with 8.1 and no problems so far.

That said, if your devive is a A5 one, don't update. At least on my iPhone 4S the performance is ridiculously bad.

15. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    I fired this up for a few random fights this evening, and I had forgotten how ridiculously fun it was. I really wish the dev would try to get this on Steam or something. Or better yet, on PlayStation or Xbox. It really deserves a lot more exposure than it's gotten.

16. MrMambo

MrMambo Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #636 MrMambo, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Awesome game, just tried with the Mad Catz micro CTRLi and after a little input reconfiguration it works like a charm!

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just noticed the full version of this is gone from the App Store :( Lite version is still there though. Hope everything is OK, I love this game dearly.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Wait it is off of search?
    Does the link work?

19. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Confirmed - can only find lite version and asking to buy the full version from that says it's not there.

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well that's not good. This is THE fighter that made me give up on all the other fighting games I've got. I haven't 'mastered' every style, but am working on it. I was definitely looking forward to the MP addition, especially after controller support was added.

Really hope it's just removed to fix some issues...

The AppStore's fighting options are just not as bright without KD. =o(