Line drawing games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RaptorF35, Mar 24, 2010.

1. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    So we know of valet hero and flight control...any others?

I'd love to see:
    33rd division
    harbor havoc 3D

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Lion Pride would be nice, but Harbor Havoc is my favorite one.

3. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Hmm I expected DGH to be here first with something like "Aqua Globs FTW!!" lol :) aqua globs might be cool though

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Oh, just remembered another one that would be great. Boom Brigade.

5. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I knew I was missing something...that game was SUPERB 10tons is doing sparkle and azkend...maybe they'll do BB :)

6. jweinberg

jweinberg Active Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Psh, do we really need any other ones than Valet Hero? :D

7. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #7 RaptorF35, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    Yes, line drawing will(IMO) be very good on the ipad...besides, I didn't like valet hero

Edit: Airstrike defense would be good too because the small screen hindered me a little bit...also Games like 2xl Fleet Defense, Heavy Mach 2, and 2360 would be fun :)

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I didn't like Valet Hero either. I was gonna say Harbor Master, but with Harbor Havoc around I don't even play HM anymore

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, not sure what jweinberg's obsession with that game is all about...it's almost all he ever talks about here on the forums. :rolleyes:

I think Aqua Globs would be great on the iPad but the dev says he has no interest in converting it to the iPad at this time (being careful to "never say never").

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Not really a line drawing game I guess, but I liked it a whole lot more than Aqua Globs. geoSpark! :)

11. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Train Conductor would be cool!

12. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I want DrawRace for the iPad

[​IMG]

13. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I don't want Drawrace

15. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    If you want a geoSpark like game for the iPad, then you'll at least have Chain Link HD for the iPad to try out.

16. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    That's awesome news! Hopefully Shape Sifter HD will be out too!! :D

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hell yeah! Are there plans for that Vexorg?

18. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Cheers for mentioning our game :) We did some concept art to see how would aqua globs look like on the iPad and the chances of realising it are much higher after that. Will still take some time and also the delay of iPad in UK is not helping at all :)

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #19 LordGek, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
    Having finally snagged an iPad I can vouch that both Valet Hero LE and Chainlink HD KICK THE ASS HARD!

Valet Hero LE:
    (hoping he got that I was teasing him earlier in this thread) I'm loving the snazzier graphics and the fact that in this iPad version they can even include diagonal spaces. It's currently missing OF support but, as Joshua explained to me, that is only because it wasn't yet available when they initially submitted all pre-launch.

Chainlink HD:
    This is essentially the same game as the iPhone version but a little snazzier looking and takes advantage of the greater real estate (the pieces size are a little scaled up so it isn't like you're getting 4x space, but definitely a lot more than in the iPhone to maneuver about.

Harbor Master HD:
    While the one included map is cute, and you can't beat the price, I stupidly assumed it was the FULL iPhone game getting the port over. Clearly they're setting up for some sort DLC maps, which could be cool as long as it isn't something as sleazy as $1/map (especially if just re-treads of the existing guys).

Flight Control HD:
    Say what you will about this classic $1 game now charging $5, I think they so far get the most props fro really making their HD version pretty special with many all new maps and even a gimmicky foray into 3D).

I'm actually pretty impressed how many of the line drawing games actually make the jump to the big screen (i.e. not native iPad supporting but just taking the original game and scaling it up to twice the size) pretty decently and play great with only minor pixelation. The only one of my line drawers so far to REALLY fail in this jump up seems to be "Space Dock". Somehow it doesn't just show up a little pixelated but actually not even refreshing at quite the right speed so at times you'll see weird seems in the various game objects as the screen refreshes to show the items in their new locations.

20. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    What would be a fair price?