Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Thank you for the widescreen updates...

But I've come across an issue:;:

Playing Lost In Space, once I complete a game and hit 'replay' - the UI becomes COMPLETELY unresponsive. Can't control the ship, can't pause the game...

And then after closing the app and clearing it from my multitasking bar, the next time I open the game, it crashes right away...

It's okay on the 2nd startup after that though.

This happens on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.3 NOT jailbroken.

It's happened 4 times now...

It also only happens if I hit 'replay' - if I go back to the main menu, I don't have this issue.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I will put it at the top of my list and hopefully have an update to fix it soon. Sorry about that. =(
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Oh, no... No worries. Thanks for looking into it...

Like I said, it only happens if I hit replay. It's nothing game breaking or anything.

Anyway... Thanks again. It's GREAT playing these gems again but on the widescreen. Gonna go ahead and pick up a couple of the special weapons... I know it's not much... But... =oP
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Oh, no... No worries. Thanks for looking into it...

Like I said, it only happens if I hit replay. It's nothing game breaking or anything.

Anyway... Thanks again. It's GREAT playing these gems again but on the widescreen. Gonna go ahead and pick up a couple of the special weapons... I know it's not much... But... =oP
Thanks for supporting the game! If you're going to get a couple of the weapons, just get the Weapon Pack. That would cost the same but you get all the weapons with that. =)
Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSpace View Post
Thanks for supporting the game! If you're going to get a couple of the weapons, just get the Weapon Pack. That would cost the same but you get all the weapons with that. =)
Would like to throw in some ideas. Unsure if anyone else suggested these but here goes, it would be nice to have multiple kinds of ships to play with. Each with it's own distinct look besides the triangular ship, that comes with its own perk e.g % bonus damage/shield regeneration/movement speed etc... Really wouldn't mind buying ship packs in-game.

Edit: I've played till level 25 of the campaign and have the ship fully upgraded with 2500+ extra credits with nothing to spend on. Please introduce a credit sink mechanic to buy/unlock stuff with the extra credits, this would keep players interested and increase longevity of the game.

Last edited by Pixel_Gamer; 05-07-2013 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: More suggestions
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Hehe... Thanks.

No clue why I didn't already have the Defender game mode, but I snatched that up as well as the weapon pack.

Thanks again for updating this!! =oD
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Gamer View Post
Would like to throw in some ideas. Unsure if anyone else suggested these but here goes, it would be nice to have multiple kinds of ships to play with. Each with it's own distinct look besides the triangular ship, that comes with its own perk e.g % bonus damage/shield regeneration/movement speed etc... Really wouldn't mind buying ship packs in-game.

Edit: I've played till level 25 of the campaign and have the ship fully upgraded with 2500+ extra credits with nothing to spend on. Please introduce a credit sink mechanic to buy/unlock stuff with the extra credits, this would keep players interested and increase longevity of the game.
Good suggestions, thanks! Unfortunately I dont have any plans right now to add significant new features for Alien Space Retro. The issue is simply lack of time. Right now I'm porting the game to the Ouya and possibly Android, and also working on a new spaceship combat game concept. I cant say more about this right now since it's in a very early stage of development, but lets just say that if you like customizing ships, capital ship combat, and stuff like that... what I'm working on will blow your mind. =)
Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Good suggestions, thanks! Unfortunately I dont have any plans right now to add significant new features for Alien Space Retro. The issue is simply lack of time. Right now I'm porting the game to the Ouya and possibly Android, and also working on a new spaceship combat game concept. I cant say more about this right now since it's in a very early stage of development, but lets just say that if you like customizing ships, capital ship combat, and stuff like that... what I'm working on will blow your mind. =)
Nice, hope everything goes smoothly for you. Will be looking forward to it.