Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
So far so good. The story seems pretty compelling.

However, you either need to add flipscreen or something because the way the game is now, my hand blocks the speaker when I hold my phone like a controller. When it's the other way around, it doesn't block the speaker. I've never understood why so many side-scrolling games that don't have flipscreen choose to have the home button on the left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasec Noir View Post
Yup, the flipscreen is a must so our hands won't block the speaker or when we have the headphones we don't need to have our fingers in the middle of the cable.

Sad that the game still isn't in europe. I would like to get the game. I liked the art a lot in that video.
Auto-rotation will be added into the next update, including a hot fix and a few optimization on the level to make the loading faster. I hope it won't be too long for Apple to approve it :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
I'd skip this.Reason being you spend 80% of your time reading ( there are some grammatical errors & miss spellings) and the remaining 20% is actual gameplay.Not to beat a dead horse but no auto rotate makes things feel awkward.Game is not recognized by GC, may be due to soft launch.Theres 3 levels to choose from-easy-normal-hard.Slide to move,hit box is in you characters chest (prevent your core from being hit by bullet or enemy),your character has 3 shield and special attack bar&button, magic barrier slow down time, tap for special attack. Special-slide w/two fingers.Kill yaksa (enemies), some have invicible barrier.Catch the enemy orb and get extra score.The pause button doesn't work.

Game starts off as a girl "Nala"laying in a pool of blood.Obviously from taking heavy damage from something.She describes how death feels along with feeling guilt for the lose of life of her best friend "Alya"and has flash backs of how she reached such a fate.Just as she is about to past she hears a voice which grants her another chance at life. A magic tiger "Raykan".Theres a catch Nala is no longer human, is granted powers and now must protect the humans while living a dual roll as superhero/student.

Where the game goes wrong is the dialogue between Raykan and Nala. They go back and forth over and over again,no exaggeration.Its nauseating, now granted you can skip all the talk and what your left with is average horizontal bullet-hell.
Thanks for the impression anyway! We're catering into two different audiences (SHMUP player and Visual Novel player) so it's a little bit of both. Not too hardcore (except when you play the hard mode, which should be interesting) and could be kinda easy for the people who just want to read the story in between.

For the SHMUP player, we will add a skippable function to the in-game dialogues later so you guys can focus on the gameplay. Also if you notice, there are special weapons with different gestures and familiars for you to unlock and play with.

We noticed an issue with the pause button (the bound is too small) so it is hard to press it. Will fixed it in the coming updates.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-25-2013, 07:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Still not on the spanish store...
Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtopia View Post
Still not on the spanish store...
Looks like the game is still in soft launch, only at AU, US, and SEA
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
Looks like the game is still in soft launch, only at AU, US, and SEA
I guess I'll have to wait :/
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi, we're all from Tinker Games want to say thank you for the support. Tonight (yeah it's night here), we're off to a great start.. INheritage was reviewed on Touch Arcade!

http://toucharcade.com/2013/05/27/in...ist-in-shmups/

It's true though that we're still learning, and we want to provide the best experiences as possible. We're looking through all of the issues and nitpicks and we will always polish and add things to make INheritage a better game.

That being said, we're still on the soft launch phase and we want to prepare with better update and fixes. We made a mistake of taking the game off the US store actually (because that preparation phase), but after this article went live, we put it back on. It should be back soon :>

Also update for those who missed it: 1.2 should be live this week if there's no problem. We fixed a few issues (pause, *some* level loading time, hotfix) balancing the boss more, and add the auto rotate. Game Center and more update will take place on 1.3.

Last edited by ruka; 05-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Now it's back on US, enjoy!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hmmmm. Picked up the Lite version. This one definitely has some personality to it, enough for me to pick up the full version. I would really like to help fix the grammar issues with this...
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 AM

No gamecenter support, no sale.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I like that this game has the balls to point out that people with allegedly altruistic motivations are still doing so under a selfish premise. Translation issues aside, the intelligence behind this game's story is quite evident.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruka View Post
Hi, we're all from Tinker Games want to say thank you for the support. Tonight (yeah it's night here), we're off to a great start.. INheritage was reviewed on Touch Arcade!

http://toucharcade.com/2013/05/27/in...ist-in-shmups/

It's true though that we're still learning, and we want to provide the best experiences as possible. We're looking through all of the issues and nitpicks and we will always polish and add things to make INheritage a better game.

That being said, we're still on the soft launch phase and we want to prepare with better update and fixes. We made a mistake of taking the game off the US store actually (because that preparation phase), but after this article went live, we put it back on. It should be back soon :>

Also update for those who missed it: 1.2 should be live this week if there's no problem. We fixed a few issues (pause, *some* level loading time, hotfix) balancing the boss more, and add the auto rotate. Game Center and more update will take place on 1.3.
Just started playing on my iphone, and this game is alot of fun. Didn't get much exposure here, but the gameplay as a shmup is pretty good. Would love to see a universal option, but came here to say the game needs some more recognition.