"Satan's Zombies" | By CatCus Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by meds@CatCus, Nov 13, 2012.

1. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #1 meds@CatCus, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce our latest game, "Satan's Zombies", it's an attempt to capture the cheesiness of classic B grade flicks complete with lots of destruction, blood, flying limbs and bouncing heads.

We are now allowing people to test the game, please PM me your UID so I can add you to testflight! The game is still has a lot of work left to do on it but hopefully we can gain some valuable feedback for new features and bug fixes leading up to the release!

all new gameplay video with new art:

2. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    not good title for this little boring game,i expected something better...

3. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    The game is still in development, any suggestions to make it more fun? :)

4. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Looks very interesting

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Don't mind the troll. Just check out his other posts.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #6 Primoz, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    I'd have a suggestion. There was a really old and still one of the most awesome motorbike racing game (I forgot the name :( ) where you could punch or kick other people from the bike. That'd be cool and something different rather than just throwing bombs into them (at least make an animation of the guy throwing the bomb). Also the use of some weapons/powerups would be nice. (giant sword, saw, spikes on the wheels etc.)

7. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Do you mean Road Rash? :D

I would love a version on iOS that was similar. that game was a lot of fun. I don't know how you would incorporate those features into a zombie based game though.

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Exactly! Thanks a ton, I'll have to download this some time. It could be incorporated pretty easily, for example when you drive by a zombie you could kick him or something. It would require more controls/buttons though, but that would only make the game more interesting. Right now it seems kinda dull.

9. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    That can definitely be done! Will look into adding it in.

I might also add rival bikers that you have to kick off their bikes and stuff just to mix things up.

10. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    that would be amazing keep up your great work with this. looking forward for the release? maybe a beta test?;)

11. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    We're working hard on making the game a bit more fast paced and fun, we will definitely be doing beta tests with the community in a week or two if not sooner.

Right now we are working on adding rival motor cyclists who may act as boss characters, we are also looking into speeding up the gameplay. We'll hopefully have an update to show in a couple of days.

12. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    #12 cho777, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Great job guys the game already looks nice! Can't wait to see how bosses and rivals will turn out! Again great job and I want in on the beta test!

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This might actually turn into an interesting game :)

14. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay in updating but a lot of things have been going on here and due to budget constraints and some other things it has taken a bit longer than what we originally anticipated to post the promised update!

We're very excited to show off some new features we have added to the game!

We've added rivals and an action camera, you can see a screenshot gallery here: http://imgur.com/xnBnP,S1SSI,7uMhj,fFCbq,gVuvl,ntY0D#0

Video here:

[​IMG]

Let us know what you think!

15. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    The addition of the rival biker looks great! All the sound effects and graphics are so satisfying. Amazing update on the game keep it up

16. jayjayjay

jayjayjay Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Are you using Unity for developing? btw, your camera cut is nice.

17. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Thank you!

Yes we're using Unity along with the 2DToolkit and Megafiers plugins from the asset store if you're interested in knowing :)

18. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Hi Guys!

Just a quick update I thought I'd post, we fixed the stuttering camera during 'take down' moments and I thought it would be worth uploading a video to show off the take down camera effect in a less buggy form (though there are many other bugs to still fix :eek:):

That is just a demo video, the final game will not have rivals show up so often!

Those are some of the take down cameras which can trigger, all take down cameras will be unique but within certain parameters to prevent things like clipping buildings or being too close to the action.

We're hard at work getting the basic gameplay mechanics working so we can roll out a beta test :)

Cheers

19. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Looks as good as ever! Very excited and looking forward to the beta test! Again keep it up!

20. meds@CatCus

meds@CatCus Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #20 meds@CatCus, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    Hi Guys!

Sorry for the long delay to post this update!

We're now open for people to test the game, it is still very early in development but we feel it's a good time to get some valuable feedback on the gameplay, mechanics and bugs :)

Please send me your device UID via PM here and I'll add you to our testflight build!

Here is some new footage and screenshots of the game:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]