TA App issues.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by saansilt, Sep 20, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I just used that feature to upload a screenshot today and it worked.

2. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The problem I've had with the app from the beginning is, while I'm logged in, if I click Subscribe while in a forum, it doesn't get added to my subscribed forums list.

The problem I have lately is videos aren't showing up in the forums. There's an empty space for a video, and if I click on that space I hear the audio, but the video never displays.

3. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, I get this problem too. I've discovered that subscribing to a thread only works if you hit the subscribe button on the first page of the thread.

4. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    My biggest gripe with the TA app is the forum search. It just plain sucks.

For example, if I want to find the thread for Swordigo, I type "Swordigo" in the box, make sure "show threads" is selected, and hit search. My results? A whole bunch of threads that are not titled anything close to Swordigo. The Swordigo treasures and walkthrough thread is down at the bottom of the first page of the search results and the actual (i.e. "main") Swordigo thread is half way down the third page of the search results.

That's just one example. Just search any specific game title and you'll see how shoddy the search is.

Other than the search problems, I love the app. I never go to the site anymore. I do wish the little button on each thread that takes you to the latest unread post was a little bit bigger, though.

5. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Notifactions not Working

Hi

I'm using the TA app on my iphone running IOS 5 and my ipad running IOS 6 and in the last few days neither have been giving me notifications when the site or apps get update, and I was wondering if the problem is my end or your end?

Thanks for any help in advance.

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Price drops

Price drops aren't seeming to update anymore sadly. I used to use this info for up to date info and drops but i see the same stuff all day most of the time

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #27 curtisrshideler, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    I am also getting blank spaces for videos in the forum. I end up having to select one of the links below it to find out what it is. I've had videos show up once or twice since I've upgraded to an iphone 5s running ios 7.0.3. But most of the time they don't show up.

I am also troubled by the difficulty in the search engine. Not sure if it's an easy fix or not, but if I type one specific word in, I may not see that game until the second or third page of results. And I'm searching thread names I believe.

8. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Pushes should be working now.

Can you clarify? Is it still not working?

Can you give me an example of a thread where the video is blank? Better yet, a screenshot.

arn

9. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    #29 Grifman, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    I can log I the website but when I try to log into the app it just says that I am not logged in. What's up with that?

Edit: Never mind, user error.

10. Almerto

Almerto Member

Feb 7, 2013
    #30 Almerto, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    After updating the app i've lost all my watchlist... Thats nasty
    Edit: nevermind, logging in to post this resolved the issue :D

11. Varyl

Varyl Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Any chance you could do a small update to the app just to add the ios7 swipe back gesture, currently navigating through this app I find myself swiping back constantly to no avail.

12. Same, most youtubes are blank always. Ipad 4 running ios 7.0.6

13. Here you go Arn, this is how youtube videos show for many of us on TA, blank. Thanks for looking into it.

[​IMG]

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm not sure if connector was saying that's how youtube videos often come up in the App. They are almost always like that on Safari though.
    Sometimes reloading the page will work. More often it will not.
    Front page articles youtube links always seem to display properly.

15. I rarely use the app, use Safari, never see any youtubes showing.

16. chrberni

chrberni Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
  17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Any chance we could get a button to tap from within the forums to take us back to the home page of the app itself? Right now we have to hit back many times if we have been posting in many threads within the forums and it's a little tedious. I think a "back to home" button might alleviate that.

18. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    iOS 7 update/redesign would be appreciated.

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I haven't kept up with the thread but I want to ask is there a plan for iOS 7 update! It feels a bit odd when i open the app and everything is kinda old you know! Know even iOS 8 is on the door!
    Also Attachmebt is still not working all the times. Sometimes it works, don't know how and when?