Universal Talisman (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #261 CalinR, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Lol this time I definitely found a dev screen. I can't do it again but I got it by swiping down from the top. Tried to attach the picture but it kept crashing. Three reports sent.

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Any tips for casting spells quickly? Some guy was whining that i was taking too long when playing a class that got two spells every turn. He wanted me to double click, so i double tapped the card, or to queue it but still got a timer.

On that note, casting spells was a real chore. It was very hit and miss if i ended up doing what i wanted to. The ones i could queue worked ok, but the ones that relied on me reacting to something failed often. Counterspell, for example. I simply couldnt counter the spell in time. Perhaps its because my ping was a bit high, but the window to respond in a board game shouldnt reasonably be in the millisecond scale

3. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    It is definitely longer than miliseconds for me. Feels like 2 seconds. I'd suggest staying on the spells tab at all times and double tap on a spell right when you want to use it. I am playing the game on an Ipad btw and never had any problems with timing spells casts.

4. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    The lo-res graphics problem has been fixed now. It doesn't require an update, because the data has changed on our server, so you may need to either re-install the game or ask it to check for updates again.

5. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    We removed the invite option nearly a year ago, because we started work on cross-platform multiplayer and it was conflicting with that.
    When you create a private table, you have to enter a name. If you tell your friends to enter the same name then you should end up in the same game.

6. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Yes it was :(
    The person responsible has been taken out and shot.

7. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    This is the best way to cast spells. Keep the Play Area tab open at the bottom and double-tap spells to cast them immediately when they're glowing blue, or to queue them up if they're not. Queued spells will then cast when the timing is right and there is a valid target.

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Thanks for the tips on casting spells. I got in a game with decent lag and most if my spells hit the target.

I did have a problem with one spell that i couldnt queue and couldnt cast fast enough. It went something like 'cast after an adventure card has been drawn but before the player encounters it' . I didnt want to cast it unless i knew i was blocking a decent card, so i couldnt queue it. The window of oppourtunity was very small for casting the spell after the card was drawn but before it being encountered. Is it even possible without having the other player wait for you?

9. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Too add some questions and suggestions to this idea, are the hi-res graphics are stored on the developers server? Is it possible to integrate into the game directly or perhaps as a Free IAP so that they are stored on the Apple servers instead? Alternatively, is there a way to back them up locally?

10. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    That spell is bugged as I queded it and it just stayed until my turn came around.

11. SpookyElectric1

Oct 13, 2012
    Game is crashing on startup. iPad Mini 2, iOS9 (Beta 2). Will the game be patched for the proper launch of iOS9?

12. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Hopefully, yes. We use a game creation engine to make Talisman, called Marmalade, and the guys who develop that engine usually fix these issues before the full release of the new OS.

13. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    The Illusionist character is released today!

14. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Hey jaxon, when is iOS going to see the City expansion?

I'm really happy Nomad is continuing to support Talisman!!

15. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    They wrote it was submitted so could be 1-2 weeks. What about the Halloween sale for Black witch and demon, does anyone see a sale for these characters?

16. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Where is that at? I searched for a while before posting here.

17. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    They twittered about it...

18. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    The one place I didn't look. *sigh* Oh well. Thanks :)

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    The City expansion is here.

20. kid

kid Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I've just updated to the latest version and the city pack says coming next and the purchase button is greyed out.