Universal Spartan Blood - A great 3D ARPG game of 2014 is coming!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spartan Blood, Jun 2, 2014.

1. mandrilo

mandrilo Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    My impresions

I tested lite versión. graphics are great in the vein of wanderer but this time runs smoothly . No glitches no lags, It goes superb on my iPad 2. The game is like a "more on the go for playing on the phone" versión of monster hunter. It has a creative stamina, combo and anger system. My only criticism is that the touch control scheme is very hard to Get used to. Is in the vein of the original control scheme of "the drowning" and "bladeslinger". Those games had to change the control system after a while Because many users was hating them. So i strongly recomend you put old dual stick system as an alternative option. Keep in this in mind and making a good dificulty balance play making iaps an option for the lazy player can lend Spartan Blood all the atention It deserves. Its clear that you put creativity and passion on Your work.
    My best wishes from Argentina
    Javier

2. Spartan Blood

Spartan Blood Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    #42 Spartan Blood, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    Dear Javier:
    Thank you for your response. From above i can see your earnest .Clearly, there are many faults in our game. And we'll keep on correcting them as much as possible.
    First ,I entirely agree with you about the iaps. I had relayed what your said to our game data designer, he conceded your point too. I think he'll do better in the future. From my own point of view , if people really like our game and would expend their energy on it, i think they must deserve all happiness of this game.
    And we'd better to discuss dificulty balance of this game later, more chapters you haven't play yet, but your warning is very valuable to us.
    And then, the virtual stick system ,maybe it's a good idea make it as an alternative option, but i'm worry about it's compatibility of our unique fighting system, i need further consideration of it.

And would you like to further illustrating the aspects you feel hard to Get used to ?

I thought you spoke very apropos, and we need time to think over. we expect good ideas from others too!!

3. mandrilo

Nov 30, 2012
    First of all i Wanna make clear that i like Spartan Blood and you got an insta buyer on me¡ : ) but i really want It to suceed. Yes, its a rich and complex fighting game. I found dificult to coordinate movement touching the screen and next change direction of the camera touching a very certainly point of the screen (upper córner mantaining my finger) and keep atention at the same time if i must pinch, roll touching with other gestures...and next manage the anger system taking in mind that It must go red if i Wanna have strenght....they are all good ideas but managing all at once its too hardcore¡¡ and Maybe you Wanna catch a wider audience than only expert gamers...So 2 humble ideas taking note of Your concern.

1) four virtual sticks only, one for movement, one for the camera, and the third one is the one with the sword that you alterado got. this can be left as It is, the user can press and reléase It like It is for managing the combos and anger system...the fourth button can be sensitive to the number of touchs or something like that...and this fourth stick can manage the roll or pinch depending the number of times you touch It. Its only an idea that Maybe can deliver a clásic option for more conservative players
    2) if this is very dificult to make without affecting the fighting system logic Maybe you can add an easier mode with the controls as they are but with some automated options for dummies like me¿¿ ; )

anyway, some of these options can be delivered on a future upadate after the game is released as It is.

Well, must leave you now friend. Need too take care of that Evil second satyr that keeps kicking my b.....Utt
    Regards and best wishes
    Javier

4. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #44 Spartan Blood, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    I see, Javier, i know why you feel suffering. Ah ha ha ha!
    In short, moving and camera control had already take your many time , so you feel hard to do other operations ?
    In spartan blood , maybe you needn't have got so het up about it. The secret is very simple but useful:

Just tap tap tap .......tap the big button!

moving and camera control just need tap the biggest button at left-down corner .
    tapping the button can make pc lock and track the enemy, and if the enemy is out of your sight ,the tapping can make camera looks to enemy automatically . So, In most cases, you needn't spend time on these action.
    And when your enemy locking/tracking is interrupted by any other manual operation such as roll or pinch, you just need to tapping the big button too, you will go backwards easily .
    And then ,i think you will have plenty of time to do other actions more fun!
    The big button is a magical button, it will bring you many delights!

Attached Files:

5. mandrilo

Nov 30, 2012
    Hahaha¡ ok, Im gonna give It a try¡ : )
    Regards and thanks a lot
    Javier

6. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #46 Spartan Blood, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    [
    Hi, leocold :
    Sorry about replay to you so late.
    1. Why need login game?
    Because our game provides multiple accounts(such as your and your family's) ranking ,even if it just a Single-Player game, so you need to register an account.
    About the ranking you can see here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ucJpK5VXg&list=PLlOmUIrZqV4eLPOb4EofuLmoQAv_VEPZR&index=3
    2. And how to register and modify account :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZvJ1kezqzE&list=PLlOmUIrZqV4eLPOb4EofuLmoQAv_VEPZR&index=2
    the default password is empty, as the prompt in dialog said.

7. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #47 Spartan Blood, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    1. The game performance:
    Our game can run on ipad 2 smoothly, so i think ipad air can run better. You can try optimization such as Shutting down "AssistiveTouch",
    "AssistiveTouch" will drop the performance down heavy in our test.

2. Optional attacking manner of auto hit or manual hit is a good idea!

3. How you can died on the first enemy!!! lol!!

8. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #48 Spartan Blood, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    In our game, dodge sometimes will be a Piercing , Piercing sometimes will be a dodge.
    In our design, dodge is low layer dodge, Piercing is higher because it's damaging ability, and Advancdd Piercing is the highest layer for it's high damage and bonus points for fighting score (which can help you unlock some sepcial tasks). The three action are merged into one operation: just sliding on screen.
    A good sense of timing is the key of use this operation. A horizontal scroll bar will comes out while you sliding on screen, it is made up of three sections, green means dodge only(roll), yellow means Piercing, read means Advancdd Piercing . If you realse your sliding touch while the pointer locates the red section,
    Advancdd Piercing will be triggered.

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg
      IMG.jpg
      File size:
      495.8 KB
      Views:
  9. ashellash

ashellash New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Hi! I am looking forward for this game since the creation of the post! I previously posted a comment also but my other login was deleted for some reason.. Never mind, my e-mail address is the following, i would like to request myself for the beta if it is stilo available: [email protected]

10. ashellash

ashellash New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    First, thank you for inviting me to the beta! I already played through the first 3 missions including the tutorial. At first sight the game looked a bit too complicated, but as I came to it, it was very interesting, fun, but challenging! The graphics are mind-blowing, and also are the sounds (fx) and music. I was very looking forward to try this game out, and it didn't disappoint me. Keep up the good work, you guys can make something really big out of this! I will definitely play with this game. :)
    Good luck!

11. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #51 Spartan Blood, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Thank you ashellash for your strong support, I was greatly touched by what you said. We'll try to do better so that you won't be disappointed in me. Yes, profound playing but simple control, both must be taken into consideration ! The reason that our game looks complex, i think partly because of it's unique playing, which is unfamiliar to people. But in fact, you can see, it's very easy to play.

And this week , we'll release a new version lite. In this version, many new tasks will be opened, and the game don't need login icloud again, and we had adjusted dificulty balance. So, please take care.

12. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #52 Spartan Blood, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Today, let's talk about Critical Strike
    1. what's Critical Strike?
    Critical Strike is a special common attack. It can cause more damage and increase the anger value(while anger slot is full, fury Strike will be triggered).

2. Rule of Critical Strike
    ----1. Is triggered automaticlly too
    ----2. Not instant skill, is a appointment mechanism , and only can be ordered through the Critical Strike cycle UI, which will come out at the screen center while you holding down the big button. Critical Strike cycle is subdivided into three colored sections too(see the picture below), red represents 1, yellow represents 4 and green represents 5, the three numbers means the after how much times of common attack, the Critical Strike will be triggered. If you grabbed the red section, the Critical Strike will be triggered after one common attack, and you will get the the largest anger bonus points .
    ----3. How to achieve?
    Holding down the big button, release you touch while the pointer runs to expected section.
    see vedio :

Attached Files:

13. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #53 Spartan Blood, Jun 18, 2014
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    1. Yes, some of the environment objects of scene are simple and crude , we'll do better in the successor version .
    2. This game's blocking mechanism you can see:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3249432&postcount=29
    In short word, The blocking behavior is spontaneous and appointment(instead of instant) mechanism.
    Attention please, the operation of ordering a blocking is the touching screen with two fingers at the same time , instead of a double click , former is faster .
    3. "give retry button"
    This function will clash with our card system. Because the count of these passive cards you carried will subtract one each fighting. count of manual cards will be consumed in fighting. Even if, you can retry the game after failed, Without these essential supplementary means , winning are gonna be a lot harder to come by, so we think this retry function has no value. In exchange, our game providing a overdraw mechanism, all counts of cards and blocking can be overdrawed, so you can see how far you are away from win.

4. "I wish the game doesn't need internet connection to be played"
    The new version to be released this week needn't icloud or internet connection again .

5. "How about addingk some tip about the control"
    It's good idea, we'll do it in the future.

6. "regarding the camera, how about two finger to move the camera?"
    Yes, The camera control is merely adequate, but in our game, In most cases however, you needn't control the camera manually, tap the big button ,you can lock and track the enemy automatically, and if the enemy runs out of sight, camera will look to the target automatically.
    you can see:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3257186&postcount=44

7. "I just realized when we skipped the section on tutorial"
    Although the tutorial can't teach all, but it will tell you whats are basic things and emphasis about the game.

8. "on the shop menu, why don't you give confirmation message"
    Thank you for pointing it out to me ,it's important, we'll fix it right now. this will come out in the version released this week.

Overall, I am truly grateful for all your help. And We look forward to your continuous support !

14. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #54 Spartan Blood, Jun 20, 2014
    Well, let's talk about the bullet time mechanism
    1. what's bullet time?
    If you had triggered a bullet time, the whole scene will slow down heavy, except you. so ,you can do many things you like in bullet time
    2. What's the role of bullet time?
    ----1. you can get bonus points of fighting score,which can help you unlock some tasks and get better task reward.
    ----2. you can get two kind of supplies according your current state while bullet time
    --------1. block count supply
    --------2. health supply
    ------------1. initial value can be 10% of you health
    ------------2. can be promoted by passive card
    ----3. Or you can just out put your damage
    --------1. damage while bullet time will be 110% of the normal common attack.
    --------2. can be promoted by passive card
    3. When bullet time will come on?
    ----In our game, each monster has it's own behaviour pattern ,if you want to defeat it, you need to study it.
    So, in most case, each attack of monster has it's weak point, when the weak point comes out, the color of shield icon at the top of screen will become red. At this time, if you do the block ordering operation, you can catch the bullet time.
    4. How to grab bullet time?
    ----Observe the attacks of the monster, remember the time position of it's weak point, order block at the position ,you'll grab bullet time.

see the picture below:

Attached Files:

15. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #55 Spartan Blood, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    The new lite was available on TestFlight now!
    Updated list of this version:
    1. 7 tasks of Chapter three are opened
    2. 5 Challenge tasks of chapter 2 are opened
    3. Don't need icloud or internet again
    4. Add confirmation dialog while buy or sell item
    5. Adjust difficulty balance
    6. Promoted the camera control
    7. Added the confirmation msgbox while IAP
    some screen shots of this lite:

Attached Files:

16. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    Spartan Blood Lite Build 7301.703 was already released just now, If anyone has interest in it, pm me or email to: [email protected]

17. mandrilo

Nov 30, 2012
    Congratulacions¡ the camera worlds very responsive now. This make a big diference (i knock the magic tracking button but still...normal camera was a need). This games gonna be hughe. The controls are dificult to Get used to, but now i understand the purpose of the devs. Its more strategic than usual dual sticks....and the y are a little hard at first but after a while they add a strange adictive property to the game.
    My last sugestion now William be....Maybe an easier dificulty mode¿¿ the second satyr keeps killing me, lol¡
    Regards from argentina
    Javier

18. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #58 Spartan Blood, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Dear Javier:
    ----1. Thank you for the compliment about the camera promotion, and this issue can be resolved just because these responses of many friends like you. If not, our programmer will be reluctant to fix it, :)

----2. I'm so glad you can see our design purpose of fight mechanism and start to get used to these controls , you konw all of these were my main concern!

----3. "Maybe an easier dificulty mode", the dificulty of the beginning chapters was lowered a bit since our discuss before. and i will relay your advice to our game data designer again.
    And now i will tell you some secrets of the fight, hope these give you some help:
    --------1. How to grab the bullet time:
    ------------1. study the attacks of the monsters, remember their weak points, If not, it will be too late to act while you see the shield icon turns red.
    ------------2. Or ,remember the sound effect while the weak point comes out, so you needn't to have to fixed your eyes on the shield icon;
    --------2. Take advantage of the continuous roll of big button. It can save you much time,and it just consume few Action points.
    --------3. Take advantage of alternate emergency operation. Such as if you are under attack while you holding down the big button to order a Critical Strike, in most case,you will do like this: release the big button, and then slide screen to dodge. But in fact, you needn't release the touch, just slide on the big button, you will trigger the continuous roll.
    And there are many these similar emergency programmes in this game, and all of these can heighten your operation effect.
    So, don't worry! what's you need is just more time!

Thank you for your warm response again!

19. Spartan Blood

Jun 2, 2014
    #59 Spartan Blood, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    The new lite V7301.706 is available on TestFlight now !

Updated list of this version:
    ----1. Further promote the camera control
    ----2. Further adjust difficulty balance
    ----3. Add "block-Order" button, if clicked, a block will be ordered right now
    ----4. Add "look at" button, if clicked, camera will look at enemy immediate

If anyone else has interest in it, pm me or email to: [email protected]

see the following pictures:

Attached Files:

20. mandrilo

Nov 30, 2012
    last build impressions

Just wanna praise you for the last build. The camera centering button is just great.
    Also the new shield button. And most of all: the dificulty balance is just perfect now.
    The game, in my point of view is 100% ready. Ill wait anxiously for see
    It on the appstore
    Congrats
    Javier