Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well that's good cant wait its gonna be a good feb :)

2. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I discovered this game 3 days ago and been following it and reading about it the whole time.I got high hopes for it, but I'm also afraid that it doesn't become repetitive soon, I didn't see much variety in enemies or ships in released game footage videos.
    Keep my fingers crossed that final product proves me I'm wrong and paves it's way into one of best games for iOS. ;)

3. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    I am worried about this game too... I have been looking forward to this game and iMech. I hope it has alot of missions not just the same ones that have been shown in the videos. And does anyone know if there are away missions?

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It won't have away missions for now.

5. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Thanks for the info killercow :)

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #846 MidianGTX, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    From the PocketGamer article:

"This Game Dev Story-style sim will feature at least 17 missions and ten races when it hits the App Store and Google Play. There'll also be tons of unique ships to get your mitts on, and plenty of upgradable character classes to play around with."

I guess it remains to be seen how long each mission is, but ten races and "tons of unique ships" sounds promising. It might not be the sort of game you can judge the length of by its missions anyway. Each game of FTL I play barely has 17 encounters, but I've logged dozens of hours on it so far. If the setup is anything like that it should be relatively easy to keep adding new content into the game.

7. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
  8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Me to been wanting this for awhile

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh boy. The more I see it the more I grow disinterested in other games. Every week I'm like "I wonder if there are any games like Star Command due out... just to tide me over until Star Command". There never are.

10. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    <Le sigh> I can't find any ios games I enjoy atm. I checked bit Dungeons and Ravenous' latest Infector, but just not cutting it. Maybe Might&Magic "match-3, rpg battler looks good...

But yes, Star Command really looks great. I just hope it has replay value, as I'm sure I'm going to enjoy every minute of it assuming it's performance is fine, the design, assets all look good even doing nothing looks good in this game. :) So yes, I hope I don't enjoy it then wonder how long new content is for it, or wonder how it could have been made to be more replayable - that's where FTL really shines. ;)

11. HeshamAmiri

HeshamAmiri Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I really can't wait to get this game... the art style is my cup of tea

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    One thing that worries me, if the game is continually being pushed back what are updates going to be like?

Still a day one, but I'm hoping it all comes together ASAP :)

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's hard to say if there's any real correlation... if it was just a case of the devs being lazy, then sure, but maybe it's taking ages because they're ensuring the game is quick and simple to update ;)

14. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Almost February now....fingers crossed eh?!

15. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    My money is on mid-march, 2013.

16. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Yet another bug list posted on Facebook, starting to fell depressed, if they want flawless game it will take them another 2 years :

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So doubt its gonna come on feb. I have a feeling when it does come most updates are gonna be bug fixes

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok update from Facebook and shocker more bugs.....I'm giving up on this game I was excited since August last year but now not so much.

19. Death_Toll

Death_Toll Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The biggest mistake this dev. has made is to constantly give out stupid release "projections". This was a day 1 purchase for me, now I assume it'll just be a bug addled mess when it comes out.

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I suspect the biggest mistake was just biting off more than they can chew. Anyone can have the idea for a game, even a great idea. That doesn't mean they have the capacity to implement it, which is rare.