Announcing Butterfly Sky™ by Funday Factory

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Funday Factory, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Hi guys!

We're excited to announce our upcoming iPad and iPhone game, Butterfly Sky.

Here's some screenshots exclusive for Touch Arcade, hope you like 'em! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Butterfly Sky will launch in the beginning of August and we can't wait. Meanwhile feel free to comment on the visuals.

We're looking forward to showing you all more of Butterfly Sky. Maybe we'll even give away promo codes for sneak previews to some lucky players :)

Have a great summer
    Anders and the Funday Factory team

---
    Follow Funday Factory on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/fundayfactory for up to date news and more sneak previews.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Graphics look nice :)
    What's the gameplay like?
    Is it level based or endless?

3. Funday Factory

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Hi Sink_or_svim

Good to hear from you again :)

We're calling it an "endless jumper" so you might be able to guess the answer to your question.

It's a mix-up of Tiny Wings and platform games like Super Mario. So basically you control when the main character (Brian's his name) makes himself heavy to bounce higher on clouds.

Cheers
    Anders

4. Funday Factory

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Hi guys

We're away on summer holidays at Funday Factory, but soon we'll be back and getting ready to launch Butterfly Sky on august 8th.

Meanwhile take a look at our Toucharcade exclusive gameplay teaser. Butterfly Sky.

Cheers
    Anders

---
    Follow Funday Factory on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/fundayfactory for up to date news and more sneak previews.

5. Funday Factory

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    10 promo codes up for grabs!

Hi guys

We would love some late minute feedback on the game, so we've decided to give away 10 promo codes for the game a couple of week early of launch. First to grab gets the codes:

KTM7MMLTKERK
    H7XEE3T7KRT3
    73P3NL3KMPAH
    NMRNT9HFMPHE
    JP64YRFAMKE7
    RTHK634WPXXJ
    WX3MWKAMFA4K
    6A6KKA6KNJ77
    PAJ7PJ3PJTJA
    KXYMFKKTRY99

Feel free to post feedback here, on our Facebook (www.fb.me/fundayfactory) or PM us - anything goes :)

Have fun! And oh yeah: If you grab a code please let people in here know that the code is taken, thanks!

Cheers
    Anders

---

6. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    NMRNT9HFMPHE taken. Thanks :)

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #7 sink_or_swim, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    PAJ7PJ3PJTJA thanks :)

This is a really nice game. Colorful graphics, simple one-tap controls, missions, full gc-support, 20 rare butterflies to collect, lots of power-ups - all upgradable in the shop.

The only negtive thing I can see is the second currency (Gems) to save you after you die. It's similar to Temple Run, you can get them during gameplay or watch a video to get 4 gems. Looks like you can revive as much as you want or as long as you have enough gems. I'm not a fan of this.

8. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Taken WX3MWKAMFA4K, thanks.

Will report back when I've had a play.

9. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    #9 Pham, Jul 29, 2013
    KTM7MMLTKERK

Thanks!

EDIT: I agree with sink_or_swim. A fun game though, could get addicting!

10. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    #10 extreme472000, Jul 29, 2013
    JP64YRFAMKE7 taken. Thanks! Btw loving the game. Top notch graphics and gameplay. Not only one level to play but 4. Also tons of customizations for the main character, whale and home. And for anyone complaining about the rare gems. Besides iap you can also upgrade youtr stats so that instead of 3 per day you can get up to 8. Btw does an iap disable the ad? Please tell me it does because the ad that pops up after every play is the only thing I can see wrong w this great game.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Grabbed RTHK634WPXXJ thank you !

Very cute character with great controls and the pixels on your side,
    meaning, you don't have to be to precise on the clouds. Like that.
    I'm not quiet sure what's the rocket for, because we play for points
    and not (yet?) for distance. If we could steer the rocket and grab some
    points, well that would be another story.

Really like this relaxing game. Good luck folks !

12. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Hmmmm... I expected more. Seems to be a standard runner. Not paticularly bad, but nothing new either.
    You can upgrade the power-ups and can buy clothes for the dude and his whale, as well as houses. I'd prefer upgrades that influence gameplay. The power-ups are also standard stuff: rocket that boosts you forward, a bird that catches you, a magnet and a 2x-multiplier. I would really love to see something new in the runner genre. Also too many annoying full screen ads.
    Graphics are cute thou.

I'll give it another try tomorrow, but I think I'll go back to Jetpack Joyride soon (Lvl 195 btw :D)
    Thanks anyway for the Code.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I was too focused on the b-flies multplier so i overlooked the rockets
    points we get, oops.
    Now i'm stucked on mission six 'equip your whale with armor'...
    ahmm...what do i do again to get that ?
    Hard-mode is a blast with the 'Badland' style, just gorgeous looking.

Already mentioned is buying the leaderboard with gems. I don't and
    never will like that. One revival is ok but more...dam' business.
    A reason to see a leaderboard 'one life' for the skilled people.

And the most important thing, at least to me, we need an instant
    replay button, but it might be against the business model, i know.

Same queston here, if i buy the doubler or some, will these ads go away ?

All in all it isn't something new at all, but it gives me the good mood
    feeling as Tiny Birds does, and this is never wrong.

14. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    #14 extreme472000, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    I also have no idea how to equip my whale with armor.

15. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    #15 Shan82, Jul 30, 2013
    Took code 73P3NL3KMPAH will leave a review on the app store thanks so much! :D:D:D

16. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    H7XEE3T7KRT3 taken. Thanks

17. Funday Factory

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    #17 Funday Factory, Jul 30, 2013
    Update - Thanks for grabbing codes!

Hi guys

Thanks for the snappy replies, it is - as always - very much appreciated! :)

A special thanks goes out to Artvarg, sink_or_swim, Pham, extreme472000, Qwertz555, Shan82 & Shyft for grabbing codes! I'll look at your feedback asap and post replies when I've got 'em!

Thanks for the kind words though! :)

Cheers
    Anders

18. Back2funk

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    #18 Back2funk, Jul 30, 2013
    I've managed to have a bit of a play with this and must say I'm rather enjoying it. The artwork is fantastic - very cute and colourful. The gameplay is simple but fun and has that 'just one more go' feel. Great selection of power ups, upgrades and achievements that should keep the average gamer going for a very long while.
    I seem to be getting a good amount of butterflies and gems as to make me believe that the IAP packs will not be needed although with the butterfly doubler at such a cheap price of 69p it would be rude not to.

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with sink_or_swim with regards to the gem revives - this pretty much makes the leaderboards null and void.

Also, what is the 'kiip' reward (sorry, did not make a note of it) where you seem to win a real world discount/bonus? I didn't select onto it so did not see anymore details. Does this direct you to some sort of shop to buy physical products? Does this work in all countries?

19. Funday Factory

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Regarding gems and leaderboards

Hi sink_or_swim, Qwertz555 and Back2Funk

Thanks for your feedback regarding the gem/save me system vs. our leaderboard. You're all quite right in that having this system effectively makes the world wide leaderboard less attractive. We've actually considered this quite a bit and found, through testing, that most people primarily focus on competing with their friends and less so with the worldwide scores. Meaning that highscores should be more comparable. On the other hand this doesn't really solve the problem, it just makes it a bit less obvious :)

Our solution (as we see it right now, you're welcome to comment on it) would therefore be: Two leaderboards instead of one. If you use "save me" you are playing on the "save me"-leaderboard and if you didn't...well then you're playing on the "0-gems-leaderboard". How does that sound?

We've already planned on making unique leaderboards for each location (there are 4), so we'll probably do this in the same update.

Unfortunately we can't make this change before launch (which is planned for august 8th), so it'll have to wait for the first update. But thanks for pointing it out, it's on the top of our list now! :)

Cheers
    Anders

20. Back2funk

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    That sounds like a perfect solution. The only problem with it not going in from the start is what you do with the current leaderboard. If you port it to the 'save me' there may be some true high scores made without gems. But, the other way round and it won't be a true '0 gems' leaderboard. Tricky one.